[SOLVED] Debug://0/0

Post here to get support
PapaWhiskey
Beginner

[SOLVED] Debug://0/0

Post by PapaWhiskey »

When going through the initial testing of the CrazyRadio and the CrazyFlie, I fail to get the radio up and running.

Dongle driver installed as it should (Win7 64 bit), everything looks good on the PC side, the flie is powered through micro-USB and flashing blue/green(yellow?)/red.
The radio quickly flashes red/green when connected to PC USB port and then goes black, as it should, if I understand this correctly.
When pressing connect in the PC client SW the only "flie" that is listed is the Debug://0/0.

Why is this?

/Peter
Last edited by PapaWhiskey on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Debug://0/0

Post by marcus »

Hi Peter,

The debug://0/0 can only be used for debugging the PC client, instead you should get an entry named radio://0/10/125. When you press the Connect button in the client do you see the red LED flashing on the USB radio dongle? If not, then you probably have an issue with the drivers. Do you have any other libusb drivers installed (like for Arduino or FTDI based devices)? If so these might interfere with the Crazyradio driver.

/Marcus
PapaWhiskey
Beginner

Post by PapaWhiskey »

Thanks for a quick reply Marcus.
There are no other libusb drivers installed and the radio does not show any sign of life at all after the initial fast single blink. Could it be a win32/64 issue, I'm just guessing here ...

By the way (maybe this is a violation of the forum rules, introducing a second topic), the battery shipped with the fly does not charge, and I'm assuming the way to charge it is to plug it into the fly and connect USB.
Has it been on the shelf for a long time?

Please advice.

thanks,
Peter
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

It should work on 64-bit as well. Could you select to show hidden devices in the device manager and attach a screenshot here? Here's a thread with a similar problem.

Please start a new thread in the Crazyflie support forum about the battary.
PapaWhiskey
Beginner

Post by PapaWhiskey »

ok.

http://forum.bitcraze.se/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=556

The post you referred to actually solved the problem. A vibe of old win95 IRQ issues emerges. Removing the GoPro studio made the radio come to life. Now I just have to find a way for them to co-exist.
'
Thanks!

Peter