Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
bstott
Beginner

Re: Who has it already? :)

Post by bstott »

Crazieflie-built.sm.jpg
Crazieflie-built.sm.jpg (195.46 KiB) Viewed 6942 times
Wahoo!!! :D

Has it been a year since seeing and watching the project? Then, half a year in waiting for maybe a product? Then clinging to rumor and finally getting in line to wait? And wait? And wait? ---- I am not complaining ----

Got my tiny coolness today, May 4th, 2013. The excitement is as much for the toy as it is the coolness generated through its creation.

GOOD JOB! It looks just as good and better in the hand as all the pictures.

I've posted gloating pictures on Flickr ---->http://tinyurl.com/d6t5hfa

Note: The pictures are the un-boxing. I'm just now building at 11:30pm.... Ha,ha,ha... :lol:

Pittsburgh, PA - USA

Edit: May 6th, 2013 - added picture of CF built.
Last edited by bstott on Tue May 07, 2013 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Thanks for all kind words and all the nice pictures. This is what keeping us going late at night! We hope you will enjoy it after a very long wait (>1.5 years)!
danielsamuels
Beginner

Post by danielsamuels »

I had my first outdoor flight today! Even with light wind it's incredibly stable, I was quite surprised - nice work! Need to spend some more time playing with it so I can get the confidence to do more daring things, already hit a few trees and a chimney. :D
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Hehe, but don't get to daring, it is not unbreakable ;).
I wish I had time to start implementing the acrobatic mode so we can start doing flips...
danielsamuels
Beginner

Post by danielsamuels »

That's something I'm actually going to be trying to do with the Python library, just need to work out if there's a limit on the amount of roll allowed.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

For acrobatics I'm pretty curtain we need to update the firmware as it currently doesn't work with roll/pitch inputs all the 360 degrees (going from quaternion to degrees). It might be a simple fix but we just haven't had the time to look at it.
https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyfli ... ult#cl-232
simoncc
Beginner

Post by simoncc »

This is mine.
Attachments
DSC_0426 (640x360).jpg
DSC_0426 (640x360).jpg (124.61 KiB) Viewed 6960 times
DSC_0420 (640x360).jpg
DSC_0420 (640x360).jpg (125.82 KiB) Viewed 6960 times
danielsamuels
Beginner

Post by danielsamuels »

tobias wrote:For acrobatics I'm pretty curtain we need to update the firmware as it currently doesn't work with roll/pitch inputs all the 360 degrees (going from quaternion to degrees). It might be a simple fix but we just haven't had the time to look at it.
https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyfli ... ult#cl-232
I was playing around with the cfclient earlier, and it seems that if you use Advanced flight mode and increase the Max angle/rate value, you can potentially do flips. It makes the controls incredibly twitchy, but it seems like it can roll fully.
Solek
Beginner

Post by Solek »

still waiting with patience in Kiel, Germany
TheFrog4u
Expert

Post by TheFrog4u »

I wonder which shipping option you guys used who have it already - speedpost?

I think I selected "registered air mail" because it was just the cheapest, but I am still waiting. Seeedstudio said it was shipped on 27th of May, but according to DHL tracking it has not arrived Germany yet. Since May 1st the status is:
"The shipment has arrived at the parcel center of origin.. The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization." :(