Bitcraze VM 0.3

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
marcus
Bitcraze

Bitcraze VM 0.3

Post by marcus »

Hi!

We have published a new version of our virtual machine (0.3) and updated the instructions on the wiki. If you try the new version it would be great to get some feedback! Is something missing, not working or do you have any suggestions for improvements? The delay between version 0.2 and 0.3 was pretty long, so our goal is to release version 0.4 after a few weeks of testing.

Here's a list of what's in the new version that can be downloaded here.

/Marcus
alex
Expert

Re: Bitcraze VM 0.3

Post by alex »

Thanks for developing the VM. Is there a way to migrate user settings from 0.2 to the newer VM version?
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Unfortunately I don't know of any good way of doing this if you have installed new applications etc. But to move the files from one VM to another you can activate the Folder Sharing option in both the new and the old VM and then you can copy you changes to/from the host OS. You could move the all of the files in the home folder but then you have to make sure not to overwrite files in the new VM (like /home/bitcraze/.bashrc).
alex
Expert

Post by alex »

Thanks, but since I'm new to Linux, merging the VM versions by copying the home folder seems to exceed my skills.
I'll simply do some installation and configuration again. That's ok.
alex
Expert

Post by alex »

1. Hmm, seems like Eclipse isn't preconfigured correctly. I can't see any projects in the "projects explorer window". How to bring them back?

2. If I cloned the firmware in TortoiseHG to start my own development version, how can I bring the clone into Eclipse? Sorry for the dumb questions... :oops:
phiamo

Post by phiamo »

Mega tells me Temporarily Unavailable for the file :( hopefully until my jtag connector cable arrives at thuesday, it will be available for download :)
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Hmm, that is strange, maybe we used to much bandwidth or Mega is having problems. There is a torrent available as well under the download section in the wiki.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

phiamo wrote:Mega tells me Temporarily Unavailable for the file :( hopefully until my jtag connector cable arrives at thuesday, it will be available for download :)
The download from Mega turns out to be limited to 6 simultaneous downloads so if you can then use the torrent instead.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

alex wrote:1. Hmm, seems like Eclipse isn't preconfigured correctly. I can't see any projects in the "projects explorer window". How to bring them back?
Are you using version 0.3? I can see the two projects in the Project Explorer.
alex wrote:2. If I cloned the firmware in TortoiseHG to start my own development version, how can I bring the clone into Eclipse? Sorry for the dumb questions... :oops:
You can import a new project by selecting new and import in the Project Explorer
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

We created a new project on Bitbucket to track issues and improvements for the Bitcraze VM. So if you find any issues or have ideas for improvements just drop by and create a new issue on the tracker.