Cfclient Rev 4.2

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
cohenjsc
Beginner

Cfclient Rev 4.2

Post by cohenjsc »

Hi,

I've noticed that there appears to be a version 4.2 of the Cflclient for windows source code but not an .exe for download. Does this exist and how does one obtain it?

Thanks and keep them in the air!
Surrender
Expert

Re: Cfclient Rev 4.2

Post by Surrender »

You have to compile it yourself: 8-)
Make your own client.exe
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The 4.2 version mainly contains fixes for Mac so that's why there is no new installer yet.
cohenjsc
Beginner

Post by cohenjsc »

Thanks all!
SuperRoach

Post by SuperRoach »

Is there a changelog for the actual CfClient? I've been looking to download a newer copy than the original (ubuntu user here), but have been lost looking through the forums.
Surrender
Expert

Post by Surrender »

Maybe it helps you if you have a look at the commits: https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyfli ... ommits/all

Just a few changes:
- Auto reconnect after disconnect
- Battery bar shows now up to 4,2V instead only 4V
- PEP8 modifications/changes
- Fixed USB3 bug
- Fixed some joystick-mappings
- other minor bugfixes

Correct me if i forgot a important change :)
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

SuperRoach wrote:Is there a changelog for the actual CfClient? I've been looking to download a newer copy than the original (ubuntu user here), but have been lost looking through the forums.
Well, there is a plan for this but I'm not sure how well it's working out. The plan was to use Bitbucket to give a rough change log by using milestones. The initial version was 2013.4 so after that we have tagged issues that we thought would go into the next version with 2013.4+. Once these were finished we would do another release named 2013.X where X is the month and everything (bugs and features) tagged for milestone 2013.4+ would make up the change log. To avoid a lot of administration we would skip this for intermediate bug-fix releases until the client is more stable. So using this scheme there would be no change log for 2013.4.2 (except for the repo history). The problem (like almost always) has been time vs ambition. The number of tasks tagged for 2013.4+ grew and other things came in the way so there hasn't been a new version yet, but we are working on it.

Since you are on Ubuntu I would just recommend you fetch the latest version from the repo using the guide for the virtual machine and install instructions for mercurial.