System startup

Post here to get support
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: System startup

Post by tobias »

Hmm, something is obviously a bit unstable- Something we will have to investigate.

Can you try reconnecting to the Carazyflie and see if that works? I'm guessing it is a problem with the logging functionality. Restarting the client might also help.
juliemac
Beginner

Post by juliemac »

Looks like this is a one shot wonder (no offence).
I loaded the software on a laptop with Win XP and got to fly for 10 minutes.
Turned it off for a while and now the lap top connects but does not respond to the telemetry.
I'll try the win 7 box again
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It's very strange you have these problems and especially that it worked once. I can sometime experience a problem getting the logging functionality working if I have been reconnecting several times, but otherwise I rarely have any problems. Please keep telling us your findings so we might find the problem.
absoloodle37

Post by absoloodle37 »

This happens to me occasionally (once every 10 flights) but it's not a big deal. I get a radio connection with the CF (quick flashing green lights on the CF and on the Crazy radio USB, and my control inputs from my controller register on the screen (thrust level, etc.) but no movement on the propellers. Reading through the code when the CF connects, I think it's because the CF fails its inertial measuring unit checks during startup. This happens when the CF is being moved/held during it's startup/self checks. Try restarting the CF on a flat surface. Push the power button, let it go, and then leave it still until it finishes startup and the red light is slowly flashing. When you connect using the software, it should respond and fly normally.

The other option is to unplug the Crazy radio USB and plug it back it. Sometimes the driver doesn't launch correctly.

Don't give up on your Crazyflie! It's not a perfect system, but it's taught me a lot--use what you've learned to make it better!
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi,

Like absoloodle37 says I think that this is caused by the Crazyflie failing the self-test. When this happens it will connect but it will not accept any input from the controller and not send any telemetry data back. Try starting in on a flat stable surface and wait until the red LED blinks faster and then connect to it from the client.
Stephenso
Beginner

Post by Stephenso »

It's extremely abnormal you have these issues and particularly that it worked once. I can at some point encounter an issue getting the logging usefulness working when I have been reconnecting a few times, however else I infrequently have any issues. Kindly continue letting us know your discoveries so we may discover the issue.
jeremix
Beginner

Post by jeremix »

Hello, I have exactly the same problem, I manage to connect the CF, connection seems ok, but no data from the CF, and also for me no data to the CF ?

The debug is OK, the console also (self test OK), and I have the last versions of firmware and client.

I managed to see data from sensor in client before assembling the CF, but not now.
Could it be the soldering ?

Any idea ?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Before one can get any sensor data the sensors needs to calibrate, this is probably the problem. Is the CF2 placed on a stable surface. When the CF2 is calibrated the red M1 led will switch from 0.5Hz blinking to 2Hz.