juliemac
Beginner

System startup

Post by juliemac »

1) Power computer
2) plug in the controller and have it recognised
3) Start the flight program
4) start up the quad.

Seems simple enough, but I am having trouble getting responses back at the PC reliably.
Am I missing something?
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: System startup

Post by tobias »

I'm not completely sure what you mean. Is it the telemetry data that isn't reliable (bad radio connection)? Or the response from the controller? In the controller case and if it is a PS3 conntroller it can be that you need to press the middle "PS" button.
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Also make sure that upon connection you do not select the address that starts with "debug:" but the one that starts with "radio:"
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
juliemac
Beginner

Post by juliemac »

Sorry this took so long.
I start the software and select the controller. Thats good.
Select the connection that states Radio. I can see the data leds blink faster, but no response when I tip the copter. The cmd screen states it cant start a timer be cause an older one is running and a lot off error codes stating that the log for XXX cannot be started.

Moving the controller knobs I can see a result, and logged in the cmd screen. Still no change in the crazyflie.

DesTinY

Post by DesTinY »

Have you mapped your controller pads in the "Input device->Configure device mapping" menu!? Have you saved your Profilea and restarted the CF Client!? Don't forget to detect a button as "Killswtich" (this button can block the thrust).

BTW: It is recommended to use 250Kbit/s as Radio bandwith.
juliemac
Beginner

Post by juliemac »

I mapped the controller and saved it. Restarted the software, selecting the controller.
I had it set on 1mbs, but moved it down to the 250kbs. I'm still having trouble.
It seems like if I get the response back from the crazyflie, I have no control, but if I have control, no access to the crazyflie...

I have rebooted the system several time trying to kill this ghost timer thinking that might help. It does not show in the system manager.....

I'll try again tomorrow night.
juliemac
Beginner

Post by juliemac »

Ok. (I'm a geek and I am stumped.
The PC is windows 7 pro. I deleted the old install and re-installed the client as administrator.
I DL'd the firmware and reflashed the processor without verify.

Set the radio at 250kbs on channel 10.

Closed the client and restarted it.
I am still getting the same error where it cannot create the LOG file. Could this be a Win 7 bug?

Any thing else I can try?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Are you running the latest software on both the Crazyflie and the cfclient?

The timer warning is none critical and it should run with them. I have them as well. Here is my output:

Code: Select all

INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [Generic_OS_X.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [PS3_Mode_1.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [PS3_Mode_2.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [xbox360_mode1.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.logconfigreader:Parsing [stabalizer.json]
INFO:cfclient.ui.tabs.FlightTab:Changed flightmode to Advanced
INFO:cfclient.ui.tabs.FlightTab:Changed flightmode to Advanced
INFO:cflib.crtp.radiodriver:v0.51 dongle with serial N/A found
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connection initialized[radio://0/10/250K]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:We are connected[radio://0/10/250K], request connection setup
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:ExpectAnswer: ERROR! Older timer whas running while scheduling new one on [5]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connected to [radio://0/10/250K]
ERROR:cflib.crazyflie.toc:Got packet that was not on TOC channel, TOC fetch will probably not succeed
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.toc:TOC for port [5] found in cache
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Log TOC finished updating
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.toc:TOC for port [2] found in cache
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Param TOC finished updating
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connection setup finished [radio://0/10/250K]
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:ExpectAnswer: ERROR! Older timer whas running while scheduling new one on [2]
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:ExpectAnswer: ERROR! Older timer whas running while scheduling new one on [2]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.log:Have successfully logging for block=1
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie.toc:Unable to find variable [stabalizer.roll]
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie.log:Log: stabalizer.roll not in TOC, this block cannot be used!
WARNING:cfclient.ui.tabs.PlotTab:Could not setup log configuration!
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.log:Have successfully logging for block=2
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.log:Have successfully logging for block=3
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.log:Have successfully logging for block=4
juliemac
Beginner

Post by juliemac »

Ok. I unloaded the client, rebooted and reinstalled the client and flashed the quad.
It started right up!

The cat is really unhappy right now. One whap with a quad blade and....

Many thanks guys!
Got to go. Lots of charge left.
juliemac
Beginner

Post by juliemac »

Ok. I stopped the client, closing it.
Ate dinner...

Then restarted.
No all I see is the battery voltage (3845mv) but no return values for pitch & roll.

Arrgh