Lost the PS3 mapping links

Post here to get support
Dr B.
Beginner

Re: Lost the PS3 mapping links

Post by Dr B. »

Just so I am sure thagt I understand this:

When this happens in the future:

1) I go into Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\chclient and rename the input folder so that the client CAN'T find it
2) Run the client so that it makles a NEW input folder with the ORIGINAL 4 configuration .json files from 4/13
3) Run the DS3 Tool, and twiddle all the buttons, otherwise the client will not configure the joysticks and the thrust levers ???????? (I am not sure if this is necessary) The other buttons will configure without this, but the configuration will be incomplete??? Please advise
4) RE-RUN the client and do a configuration. MUST I store it in one of the PRE-named files?
5) Close out the client and re-open before I can use the configuration????
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

I can't say anything about the specifics of using a PS3 controller in your case (I run neither XP nor use a PS3 controller), however, if some error like yours appears in the future, you should

0. Make sure the controller works (whatever steps this entails on your specific platform and with your specific controller)
1. rename "%APPDATA%\cfclient" to something else so that the client can't find it
2. start the client (new folder with initial content gets created at "%APPDATA%\cfclient")
3. open mapping configuration, configure controller (you need to assign all of the options in the dialog to some controller axis or button for the save button to become available, at least that used to be the case), save the configuration (you may use your own name, I'd actually recommend it to preserve the original settings)
4. restart the client, fly
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Dr B.
Beginner

Post by Dr B. »

Thank you. This protocol will be helpful.

I was able to fly the Crazyflie, but it lost communication with the radio within a 10" radius of the antenna, after a brief flight. The battery was still charged and I could not re-establish a connection thereafter. I re-scanned for the Crayflie to connect to, but it did not show up on the screen. I exited from the client. I re-booted the computer. I tested the PS3 controller on both the DS3 program first and the re-configured it on the client, but still no handshake. Any suggestions?
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

The controller doesn't have anything to do with that, I'm sure. Have you also tried "rebooting" the CF itself?

Communication issues can be caused by Wifi on the same channel, plus there was also a case of a broken antenna. Try changing the CF to a different channel via the bootloader menu. You can also experiment with the band with (250k is the default setting, 1m is supposed to be more stable but with less range, 2m takes that one step further)
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
redkite
Beginner

Post by redkite »

Just found this after posting about my own problem that was similar. This sorted it right out, needs to be bumped to the top to help the new guys.