Better battery/propeller options

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
santiagorg2401

Better battery/propeller options

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Hi,
I'm working on a 9 CFs swarm and the provided batteries are reaching their life span, I'll buy new ones but I want them to have more capacity without affecting the drone structure or control parameters, also, I'd like more durable propellers, do you have any recommendations?
Thanks.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Better battery/propeller options

Post by tobias »

I would look for Hubsan x4 batteries as they fit on the CF2.1 as well. Many toy drone batteries actually does, just make sure it is the same connector and that it is thin enough to fit between the deck connectors (20mm max with).

For different propellers it is probably best to change to the bigger 7x20mm coreless motor with 1mm shaft and not 0.8. More propeller options then. The CF2.1 uses Molex picoblade connectors for the motors. This is often named "micro JST 1.25" which is wrong but what you would have to look for. e.g. this. As for matching propellers for 1mm shaft I think the Hubsan 55mm propellers are among the best.

As for breaking propellers you might have gotten some bad ones as they should not break easily. Please read this blog post. Shoot us an email to support@bitcraze.io and we can arrange some replacements.
santiagorg2401

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Hi Tobias,
I'm sorry for the huge reply delay, I didn't get the notification and I had forgotten about this topic, well we are also looking to change all motors as we think they are worn out, do you mind If I move this post to https://github.com/orgs/bitcraze/discussions? so we can continue the conversation there.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi Santiagorg2401

I'm sure that Tobias won't mind:) and we will not look on this forum anymore anyway, except for referring people to our discussions.bitcraze.io.

The content of the forum will not be removed, so you can still copy this link to discussions for background information.