Crazyradio connect issue.

Post here to get support
qgrgaroto
Beginner

Crazyradio connect issue.

Post by qgrgaroto »

Hi all,
First of all a disclaimer:
I know there is a post right below to this one with quite the name same, but I believe the issues are diffent.

I'm unable to connect to my radiopa, I'm using a windows 10 + linux VM.
I tried to reflash firmware and other things, but everytime I plug the device it quick flashs red and green and when I try to scan, the red led turns on for a while and when the scan finishs, it turns off and it doesnt show the radio in the interface's dropdown. My crazyflie is turned on and my usb device is active in my VM, so then I have this as output for

Code: Select all

lsusb -d 1915:7777
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 1915:7777 Nordic Semiconductor ASA Crazyradio PA USB Dongle
A weird thing is that the client terminal show me that it was able to find the dongle as per you can see in the attached image.

Code: Select all

INFO:cflib.crtp.radiodriver:v0.53 dongle with serial N/A found
INFO:cflib.drivers.cfusb:Looking for devices....
INFO:cflib.crtp.prrtdriver:Initialized PRRT driver.

Can you help me?
issue.png
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio connect issue.

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Everything seems to work on the PC side: the behaviour you describe is correct and if nothing shows in the drop-down box it means that no Crazyflie was detected by the scan. So the problem seems to come from the Crazyflie not being detected.

The most common problem is when the Crazyflie is setup to a different address than the default one, this is often done when flying more than one Crazyflie at the same time. The way to discover and change the Crazyflie radio address is to connect your Crazyflie over USB and pass its USB device to the VM. This way, you should see "usb://0" appear in the drop-down box of the client and you should be able to connect to it. The address can be configured using the menu Connect/Configure 2.X. The default address is 0x7e7e7e7e7e and the new address is taken into account after Crazyflie reboot.
qgrgaroto
Beginner

Post by qgrgaroto »

it worked!
Thank you for the support @arnaud
llarotta
Beginner

Post by llarotta »

I have the same problem but I can't connect it via usb, it stays the same and doesn't enable the 2.x configuration option, I've already tried several virtual machines and none of them connect to the cfclient, and I also tried to fly the drone from the app and it connects but does not fly, please help.
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

@llarotta Please start a new thread for your issue, it is probably not related to this thread