Big Quad Deck and Flow Deck

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
Napster
Beginner

Big Quad Deck and Flow Deck

Post by Napster »

Hi All,

I am planning to use CrazieFlie for one of my projects where I would need the Flow Deck to precisely estimate how much the drone has moved. But since I will be implementing this in a larger drone, I need to use the Big Quad Deck to support the Brushless motors.

When I looked up the https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/s ... siondecks/ where the matrix doesn't allow both to be used at the same time. So, could you please confirm if both can be used simultaneously, by doing necessary modifications.

Any leads or previous projects where both Decks have been used will be of great help.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Big Quad Deck and Flow Deck

Post by tobias »

Hi!

When you write measure precisely, what precision do you need. The precision is somewhat undefined from the Flow deck as it very much depends on how well it is able to track the surface.

The flow deck can be used with the big-quad deck with a patch. You can read about it in the development tab under the product page. The other option is to use a Bolt which does not need a patch.
Napster
Beginner

Re: Big Quad Deck and Flow Deck

Post by Napster »

Thanks for the reply. My main concern was how to integrate both flow deck with the big quad deck. Thanks for guiding to the reference page. I hope the Bolt is restocked as soon as possible. Else I'll have to do the patch work as mentioned.