Lost the PS3 mapping links

Post here to get support
Dr B.
Beginner

Lost the PS3 mapping links

Post by Dr B. »

This morning, I was able to get the PS3 MotioninJoy drivers installed successfully and the controller configured. I was actually able to test fly the Crazyflie. When I loaded the client this evening, it does not list the several configuration mappings that it had access to before. These files look like they are still in the Program Files directory and from the dates on them, have not been modified, or overwritten. I am unable to get the Crazyflie working, or the PS3 controller configured. Please advise. Thank you.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Lost the PS3 mapping links

Post by tobias »

This is really strange... I guess you used the cfclient installer for windows? The config files ends up in you windows user directlry and you can see where by looking at the printouts from the cfclient. It should say something like "Info: Using config path: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\cfclient". Are there any files there?
Dr B.
Beginner

Post by Dr B. »

Tobias:

There are 4 ".json" files in C{\Program FIles\Crrazyflie client\cfclient\configs\input.
They are Generic_OX_X.json (which I used before because it defaulted to this one), PS2_Mode_1.json, PS3_Mode_2.json and xbox260_mode1.json. Are these the actual configuration files thagt you are speaking about, or are they some sort of link, or shortcut?
Dr B.
Beginner

Post by Dr B. »

Tobias:

Pardon the typo's: it is C: not C{, and PS3, not PS2.
By the way, on a file and folder search, there is no sub-folder "Roaming" anywhere.
I know you asked about this folder in you previous responses to me.
Remember I am using a Toshiba notebook running Windows XP.
Dr B.
Beginner

Post by Dr B. »

Tobias:

On the client, in the Input Devices pull-down for Mapping, these 4 file names (without the .json suffix) HAD been there, but now is empty.
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

I'm not sure if that works on XP, but you could try to enter %APPDATA%/cfclient into the addressbar of your Windows Explorer. If this can be resolved it's probably the folder you are looking for (%APPDATA% is just a variable containing the Path to the current user's application settings folder).
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Dr B.
Beginner

Post by Dr B. »

When I plug in the PS3 controller before or after starting the client, I get a pop-up error message:

Input device error

Error while opening/initializing inout device
Traceback (most recent call last)":
File "cfclient\utils\input.pyc", line 225 in startinput
ValueError: u 'Generic_OS_X' is not in list
Dr B.
Beginner

Post by Dr B. »

Foosel:

When I typed %APPDATA%/cfclient into Internet Explorer, I got a directory:

C:\Documents and Steeings\(my name)\Application Data\cfclient

It contains 3 folders and a file:

folders:
cache
input (dated yesterday)
log

and the file:
config.json (dated today)
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Dr. B, to reiterate: Do not look at "C:\Program FIles\Crazyflie client\cfclient\configs\input" but please instead open "%APPDATA%\cfclient", as the latter is the place where your config files are actually located (the ones at the other location are just the "blueprints" delivered with the client which are copied to your user folder on first start and then never looked at again -- until you delete the folder "%APPDATA%\cfclient" that is).

You can either copy the files it's claiming as missing to the input folder there, or just delete/rename the folder and reconfigure your input mapping from scratch.

edit posted in parallel, I hate when that happens ;) The input folder contains your controller mappings. Your client expects a Generic-something one there and doesn't find it, hence the error.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Dr B.
Beginner

Post by Dr B. »

Foosel:

When I typed %APPDATA%/cfclient into Internet Explorer, I got a DIRECTORY which came up on a new screen:

C:\Documents and Setteings\(my name)\Application Data\cfclient\input

it contains the Generic_OS_X.json file dated yesterday and a file just called ".json", also dated yesterday.

What should I delete and WHERE sould I get the files to put into the input folder"