Lighthouse Positioning System Management Tab greyed out

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
yfichadia
Beginner

Lighthouse Positioning System Management Tab greyed out

Post by yfichadia »

Hi, I've been trying to set up the crazyflie bolt with a lighthouse positioning deck to track its position in 3D space, following the instructions from this link (https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/t ... ighthouse/), so far, I've been able to download the crazyflie client and connect to my crazyflie radio dongle, which has allowed for wireless orientation tracking, but when I look at the Lighthouse Positioning tab, all of the buttons in the system management portion are greyed out (except for the "Set BS channel" button, but my base station channels should already be set). I've tried with both 1.0 and 2.0 base station setups, and neither seems to do anything. Looking at the tutorial and the tutorial video, the boxes in the Basestation Status tab have colors in the boxes (red, blue, green), but my Basestation Status doesn't show any color, which leads me to believe the crazyflie / lighthouse positioning deck isn't receiving the pulses from the basestations.

I'd appreciate any suggestions to try or extra steps that could help. Let me know if you need any additional information about my setup.
Attachments
BasestationTabCrazyflie.PNG
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Lighthouse Positioning System Management Tab greyed out

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

So if your Bolt is connected to the cfclient but the buttons are still grayed out, that means probably that the decks is not properly connected or detected. Has the Lighthouse deck been properly flashed as in the tutorial?

To help you out further, could you provide us with the content of the the Console tab after connecting to the bold? Also the content of the debug dialog (help>about>debug) would help out as well to know more about your system.
yfichadia
Beginner

Post by yfichadia »

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at the tutorial again, and I think I have flashed the lighthouse deck properly, or at least I have followed all the steps given. I programmed the most recent firmware release available, and didn't move the crazyflie until the status was idle again.
bootloaderTab.PNG
I also checked to make sure the lighthouse deck was oriented properly. I also did look at the console tab and debug dialog, and from those, I think the issue may be the lighthouse deck is not connected properly, as both don't show any decks detected, but as my deck is at least oriented properly, I'm not sure how else I could debug this issue.
Attachments
debugTab.PNG
consoleTab.PNG
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

It looks like the CF is not detecting the lighthouse deck, if it was detected it should show up in the console log.

something like this:

Code: Select all

DECK_CORE: 1 deck(s) found
DECK_CORE: Calling INIT on driver bcLighthouse4 for deck 0
I suppose you have checked that it is mounted correctly (https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/s ... siondecks/)?

If you manage to make it work, remember to re-flash the Crazyflie with the deck mounted to update the deck.
If you can not get it to work, it is possible that there is some hardware problem. In this case please contact us at support@bitcraze.io