Looking for thrust coefficient and power coefficient data of the propeller in its ascending flight

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
shhooo
Beginner

Looking for thrust coefficient and power coefficient data of the propeller in its ascending flight

Post by shhooo »

Hi developers!

I am looking for thrust/power coefficients measurement data of crazyflie’s propeller as it rises upward the air (in other words, crazyflie is ascending).
I need these data to simulate the energy consumption more accurately before the actual flight test.

UIUC Propeller Data Site https://m-selig.ae.illinois.edu/props/v ... ume-2.html provides us these data for other commercial propellers with various advance ratios.
(They imitate the ascending movement of propellers by rotating them in the wind tunnel where wind flowed at various speeds, and they measured thrust on the loadcell.)
Advance ratio is a value of ascending speed divided by wing-tip speed.
(J=V/nD; J is an advance ratio, V is ascending speed of the propeller(incoming flow speed), n is revolution speed, D is propeller diameter.)

But about crazyflie, they only give us thrust and power coefficients at hovering state.

I searched experimental/ computational data on other online documents, but I didn’t find.
Have you ever found/obtained these data? If so, I would really appreciate it if you could share the data.
Thank you very much!
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Looking for thrust coefficient and power coefficient data of the propeller in its ascending flight

Post by tobias »

Sorry but we don't have that data and I have not heard of anyone else doing that type of measurement either. I guess the only way to measure it is in a wind tunnel...? It would be really good data to have though!
shhooo
Beginner

Re: Looking for thrust coefficient and power coefficient data of the propeller in its ascending flight

Post by shhooo »

Thank you tobias,
I'll find a way to measure these data by myself.
I hope I can make them open source!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Let us know how it goes!