Implementing Computer Vision Library

Discussions about the AI-deck
BadWoman

Implementing Computer Vision Library

Post by BadWoman »

Hi, is there a way that I can implement computer vision libraries on ai-deck? If so, how should I do that?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Implementing Computer Vision Library

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

No, I don't think that is possible to implement something like opencv on the aideck. Either it has to be build from scratch or you need to use Greenwaves tools in order to make this happen. I would suggest you to make an issue on the GAP8 SDK to ask bout this functionality.
BadWoman

Post by BadWoman »

Thank you! I will go ask around.
bot-motion
Beginner

Post by bot-motion »

I was looking for something like a CV library as well. I found

https://github.com/liuliu/ccv

which is pure C and very simple to compile.

However, it uses floating point quite a bit which would make it slow, even if I could get it to run (which i couldn't). Further, it obviously cannot take advantage of the parallelization provided by the GAP architecture. I just wanted to use a feature extractor and descriptor like Harris/Brisk or something, but that turns out to be a lot of work. CCV only has SIFT, which is very heavy for something as small as the GAP8.

Another cool feature would be a pixel flow program for the GAP8, because that would allow to extract vectors of movement - usable for stabilizing yaw or height when flying over an object. Has anybody started/found something like that?