Unable to flash new firmware

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
ameya
Beginner

Unable to flash new firmware

Post by ameya »

Hello,
I am using the python 3.9.9 and have installed the latest cfclient according to the instruction on the website. I am using the Crazyflie 2.0 and have the flow deck sensor (v2) too. I am performing the operations on the Windows 11. I am able to connect to the cfclient but I get the following messages:

ERROR:cflib.crazyflie:Exception while doing callback on port [2]

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\ameya\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\cflib\crazyflie\__init__.py", line 405, in run
cb.callback(pk)
File "C:\Users\ameya\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\cflib\crazyflie\param.py", line 337, in _new_packet_cb
self.updated_callback(pk)
File "C:\Users\ameya\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\cflib\crazyflie\param.py", line 191, in _param_updated
self.all_updated.call()
File "C:\Users\ameya\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\cflib\utils\callbacks.py", line 56, in call
cb(*args)
File "c:\users\ameya\documents\crazyflie-clients-python\src\cfclient\ui\tabs\FlightTab.py", line 645, in _all_params_updated
self._populate_assisted_mode_dropdown()
File "c:\users\ameya\documents\crazyflie-clients-python\src\cfclient\ui\tabs\FlightTab.py", line 732, in _populate_assisted_mode_dropdown
if int(self.helper.cf.param.values["deck"]["bcZRanger2"]) == 1:
KeyError: 'bcZRanger2'

I am also not able to see the changes in the flight data when I manually move the crazyflie. Also I am not able to get in the bootloader mode and when I try to do it only the Blue LED on the M2 is flashing. I am not able to flash the firmware via cfclient.

Thank you for your help.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Unable to flash new firmware

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Could you give us the console output instead after connecting with the Crazyflie (found in 'view'/'tabs'/'check 'console). I don't think that these errors are reflecting your problems.

But more importantly, have you tried any of the instructions given in the trouble shooting guide ?

Normally you will not need to put the crazyflie in bootloader mode with these firmware upgrade instructions, but it does seem there is something wrong due to your explanation of the LEDs. Perhaps you should try the 'Force into bootloader mode' instructions of the trouble shooter and then follow the cold-boot firmware recovery instructions