Crazyflie and Raspberry Pi

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
Funken
Beginner

Crazyflie and Raspberry Pi

Post by Funken »

Hi..
Has anyone experimented with this, using the RBPi as a main controller for the Crazyradio?

Thinking it´s easy to use and don't take out space. The charging of Crazyflie and RBPi are using USB..

Thomas
foosel
Expert

Re: Crazyflie and Raspberry Pi

Post by foosel »

Hey Thomas,

take a look here
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Funken
Beginner

Post by Funken »

Great, thanks :D
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi Thomas,

There's also some more information here about the currently limitation in the headless version.
humblehacker

Post by humblehacker »

Hello All,
I posted in another thread about initial issues I was having setting up the headless client on the Raspberry Pi. I finally got it up and running by creating an autostart folder in /.config on Raspbian. That worked fine until they went and changed the whole boot sequence for the new recommended RPi image. They're calling it "NOOBS" and details can be found here-http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/4100
I haven't tried the cfclient with it yet but the new software offers a number of interesting possibilities and/or troubles... Basically, on first boot you are given your choice of 6 of the most popular distros (ArchLinux, OpenElec, Raspbmc, Raspbian, Pidora and RISC-OS). You then choose you're preferred OS and load as usual but the option remains to boot into "Recovery Mode" and overwrite with a new OS if need be. Recognizing that this boot setup can mess up various autostart configurations people (like us) have created, they even included a "Config editor" option on the boot menu. How this will work with the cfheadless client I don't know...
If getting it set up to work with Raspbian turns out to be a pain, I wonder if it would be worth using a lighter-weight client like ArchLinux or RiscOS? I have never tried these before, but it should be much easier to test out now. Has anybody ever had success getting the CFClient to run on ArchLinux or RiscOS?
humblehacker

Post by humblehacker »

I found an answer to one of my questions already- https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cfclient/