How To Fly CF with Android & Macbook?

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
dwaddsy
Beginner

Re: How To Fly CF with Android & Macbook?

Post by dwaddsy »

foosel wrote:This part is not needed for the CF to function (it's a debug connector so to say and just added for convencience if you want to develop stuff on the CF platform)

Are you sure you have selected the "radio:" entry for connecting and are connected (see the description by zak again)? If you click on the "Console" tab, what does it say in there when you have your CF connected?
I definitely selected the "radio" option and then after Ican move the CF around and the horizon responds. Under Input devices/mappings/xbox360_mode1 and I have even tried the other xbox one. Can anyone please help me as I sit there day after day wishing I could fly the CF.

Lastly, I see the XBox 360 controller circle is flashing all four parts of the circle at the same time. I am making an assumption that this means something is not right. From what I have read on the internet that means it is not synced to the xbox game console but since I have a Macbook Pro and not a console then their troubleshooting doesn't help me.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? The USB part for the Xbox 360 is a solid green.
atomicdog
Expert

Post by atomicdog »

dwaddsy wrote:I definitely selected the "radio" option and then after Ican move the CF around and the horizon responds. Under Input devices/mappings/xbox360_mode1 and I have even tried the other xbox one. Can anyone please help me as I sit there day after day wishing I could fly the CF.
This means you're connected to the CF just fine then.
dwaddsy wrote: Lastly, I see the XBox 360 controller circle is flashing all four parts of the circle at the same time. I am making an assumption that this means something is not right. From what I have read on the internet that means it is not synced to the xbox game console but since I have a Macbook Pro and not a console then their troubleshooting doesn't help me.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? The USB part for the Xbox 360 is a solid green.
In a previous post you said you can see the thrust move when using the xbox 360 controller. Is that still the case?
I've read some computer drivers don't properly control the circle of LED's but the driver still works fine other then that.

Can you post a picture of your soldering of the motor wires? If you get a response (horizon) from the CF and thrust response from the controller then the issue has something to do with hardware.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
dwaddsy
Beginner

Post by dwaddsy »

atomicdog wrote:
dwaddsy wrote:I definitely selected the "radio" option and then after Ican move the CF around and the horizon responds. Under Input devices/mappings/xbox360_mode1 and I have even tried the other xbox one. Can anyone please help me as I sit there day after day wishing I could fly the CF.
This means you're connected to the CF just fine then.
dwaddsy wrote: Lastly, I see the XBox 360 controller circle is flashing all four parts of the circle at the same time. I am making an assumption that this means something is not right. From what I have read on the internet that means it is not synced to the xbox game console but since I have a Macbook Pro and not a console then their troubleshooting doesn't help me.

In a previous post you said you can see the thrust move when using the xbox 360 controller. Is that still the case?
I've read some computer drivers don't properly control the circle of LED's but the driver still works fine other then that.

Can you post a picture of your soldering of the motor wires? If you get a response (horizon) from the CF and thrust response from the controller then the issue has something to do with hardware.
I did recall I was able to get a response but the Xbox controller continuously flashes green. There must be something off with that?

Here is a picture of my dust collecting CF

Lastly, I literally just got the CF to respond somehow to my mouse. When I pushed my mouse up the thrust went up and down accordingly. I disabled something and was able to stop the mouse from controlling the CF. Back to square one again but at least I know there is potential maybe in the future.....
Attachments
20130611_212009.jpg
atomicdog
Expert

Post by atomicdog »

I did recall I was able to get a response but the Xbox controller continuously flashes green. There must be something off with that?
Well, if the program shows a response for thrust, roll, pitch... then it's working
That side looks good. How about the other side? Can you post a close up of the motor wire connections?
dwaddsy
Beginner

Post by dwaddsy »

I went into the "configure input device" and Input device is set as Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver" I then clicked detect on thrust etc and everytime I moved anything on my controller I was able to get a reaction. So this means that the controller is working too. The CF is working with USB and the configure option is working with the Xbox controller.... I just cant get the fudging two to connect...
dwaddsy
Beginner

Post by dwaddsy »

atomicdog wrote:
Well, if the program shows a response for thrust, roll, pitch... then it's working
That side looks good. How about the other side? Can you post a close up of the motor wire connections?
Attachments
20130611_215548.jpg
atomicdog
Expert

Post by atomicdog »

:| That's not a close up picture. I wanted to see if the solder connections of the motor wires (under the battery) were good.

Do the motors spin at all?
dwaddsy
Beginner

Post by dwaddsy »

atomicdog wrote::| That's not a close up picture. I wanted to see if the solder connections of the motor wires (under the battery) were good.

Do the motors spin at all?
Sorry I tried my best with my cell phone. Yes all the motors spin and the CF tries to fly when I push my mouse up in the mode (forget what I call, please check previous notes).

Can ANYONE please help me with figuring out how to make the CF respond to the Xbox controller. PLEASE!
dwaddsy
Beginner

Post by dwaddsy »

I have spent countless hours trying to go through the virtual box and figure out how to make the settings work but to no avail. I really am at a complete loss how this is so complicated and how there are no answers.

I feel at this point I might have to sell my CF =(. I really wanted to fly this so bad. I waited for months to receive my CF and I went out and bought an Xbox Controller. I put the CF together with the video and the Virtual box is responding to the Xbox Controller. The CF is responding to the Virtual box but I cannot get the Xbox to control the CF. Someone must know something.

I guess with this failure after tomorrow I will have to sell my CF. I wish I could use it...
atomicdog
Expert

Post by atomicdog »

When you press the thrust on the xbox controller does the program show it go up to 80 percent?