No Valid Solution for basestations

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
cgpenguin

Re: No Valid Solution for basestations

Post by cgpenguin »

kimberly wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:33 pm 1)

Oke, this is indeed a problem. What you are supposed to see is the following sequence:
  • First the red and blue led are on for about 2 seconds
  • then a orange led for a few seconds (which is the flashing of the FPGA firmware to the lighthouse system)
  • and then the blue LED is the only one on
See this video for reference: https://youtu.be/QwaJC-cLHSc

2) I actually mean the content of the console tab, which you can toggle on under view>tabs>console in the cfclient. Could you give those instead? (by the way, first time i've seen pastebin, quite handy website!) :D

3) The first point could have indicated that the compile didn't go as planned, since those 2 leds on (and the sequence as I explained above) means that the driver on the crazyflie firmware does not interact with the LH deck. Could you share the content of crazyflie-firmware/tools/make/config.mk here?
Here is the output of the console: https://pastebin.com/ZGGh4ZaJ

And here are the config.mk contents: https://pastebin.com/eRm1rZQQ

It seems like the firmware doesn't compile properly with the LH support despite make not throwing any errors. Also, I do get a lighthouse quality LED option show up (which I am pretty sure wasn't there with the previous firmware (no compile arguments given)) so that makes it a bit more odd.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

thanks!

this line in the console indeed indicates that the firmware does not have that define.

Code: Select all

LHFL: No Lighthouse support in FW, deck not initialized
Have you made sure to do a proper clean before as well before the build?

make clean 
make all
make cload
If you add a define to the makefile, the previous bin file need to be removed, since it will not look at the renewal of the config.mk
cgpenguin

Post by cgpenguin »

kimberly wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:31 pm thanks!

this line in the console indeed indicates that the firmware does not have that define.

LHFL: No Lighthouse support in FW, deck not initialized
Have you made sure to do a proper clean before as well before the build?

make clean 
make all
make cload
If you add a define to the makefile, the previous bin file need to be removed, since it will not look at the renewal of the config.mk
Thanks, this appears to have worked. It calculated values that seem quite reasonable to me now. Thanks :)
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

great! So it was indeed the make clean that did the trick. I noticed that that was not part of the instructions so I will add that line of code to make it clear to others.
Johannes214
Beginner

Post by Johannes214 »

Hey, I am having same problem as the OP so I thought I would ask for help here. I can make a new thread if necessary.

I can´t obtain valid solution for Basestations and I also get 0 values from logging for lighthouse.angle0x etc.

I am still investigating the error but at least I noticed that when powering up the crazyflie with LH deck I get this
See this video for reference: https://youtu.be/QwaJC-cLHSc
with expection that after orange I dont get constant blue. All the leds are off after that.

What does that constant blue led mean? According to Schematics it means "CDONE".

Here is also copy of the output from console when connecting crazyflie:
SYS: Crazyflie 2.1 is up and running!
SYS: Build 50:7eb3541f8c74 (2020.09 +50) MODIFIED
SYS: I am 0x203936564E4B5013003A0050 and I have 1024KB of flash!
CFGBLK: v1, verification [OK]
DECK_CORE: 1 deck(s) found
DECK_CORE: Calling INIT on driver bcLighthouse4 for deck 0
SYS: Free heap: LHFL: Lighthouse bootloader version: 2ESTKALMAN: State out of bounds, resetting
21032 bytes
STAB: Ready to fly.
LHFL: Firmware version 5 verified, booting deck!
ESTKALMAN: State out of bounds, resetting
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

The blue LED should be always on, since it indicates that the FPGA is correctly flashed and that the deck is powered and working.

Is the deck correctly connecting to the crazyflie? Maybe the pins in the female connector are a bit lose and not connecting properly with the pin. Try to push the deck a bit more tighter to the crazyflie.
Johannes214
Beginner

Post by Johannes214 »

Thanks for the quick reply!

Pins look fine. I also checked them with multimeter and everything works. I same error occurs for both of my LH decks.

Do I have to do the FPGA flashing myself or is it automatically done? Is there a way to check that FPGA has been correctly flashed?
I only did the config.mk file changes and make clean, all and cload with VM.
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

The FPGA will be flashed automatically when the Crazyflie boots, provided the firmware was built with the

CFLAGS += -DDISABLE_LIGHTHOUSE_DRIVER=0
flag

You should also see the yellow LED turn of for a second when the Crazyflie is started. It is turned on when the firmware version of the deck is checked. If the deck is flashed with a new version it will stay on for a few seconds.
Johannes214
Beginner

Post by Johannes214 »

Okay then I dont know where the problem could be, here is video from my crazyflie:

https://youtu.be/CcFOqTJmTzY
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

The problem is probably that you need to update the python lib, there was a timeout issue in an earlier version which breaks the flashing process of the FPGA binary.

As you are in the VM run the update script to update all your source code. Unfortunately your client will break in the process and you will have to reinstall the client using

python3 -m pip install cfclient
, also see https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... on#linux-1(we are working on updating the Vm to fix this problem)

When you have updated everything, re-flash the Crazyflie and hopefully everything will work after that.