crazyflie 1.0 connection problem, please help...

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
peterh
Beginner

crazyflie 1.0 connection problem, please help...

Post by peterh »

Hi guys,

I have recently picked up my old crazyflie 1.0 and try to get it work again but without success. When running cflib example basiclog.py I got the following:

Scanning interfaces for Crazyflies...
Crazyflies found:
radio://0/10/2M
Connecting to radio://0/10/2M

The green led on crazyflie was constant on and looks like connection callback was not received from the crazyflie... Here is my setup:

crazyflie firmware: updated to 2017.6 last release of crazyflie 1.0. Flash via cfclient and was successful.
crazy-radio firmware: updated to 0.53.bin, try 0.52.bin but same problem.
cflib version: I tried the latest and the old version that match the last crazyflie 1.0 release, does not make any difference.

Could anyone please help me and tell me what is wrong? Thank you!
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: crazyflie 1.0 connection problem, please help...

Post by kimberly »

Did you try to connect with the crazyflie 1.0 with an old version of the cfclient (current version does not support cf1 anymore)? Are you able to connect with it through USB?
peterh
Beginner

Post by peterh »

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for your answer, yes I tried the old version of cfclient. Same problem, it could not get connection callback after hitting connect button. I have not try with USB on, will try it out.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

let us know if you managed to get that to work with USB...
peterh
Beginner

Post by peterh »

Hi Kimberly,

I tried it again with USB connected, but still no luck. Please see my screenshot in attachment.

I also tried with python basiclog.py in the example folder of cflib, still same problem did not get the callback:
Scanning interfaces for Crazyflies...
Crazyflies found:
radio://0/10/2M
Connecting to radio://0/10/2M

With the same setup as mention before, I had also tried open source c++ https://github.com/fairlight1337/libcflie, which implements crtp protocol over usb, I can read sensors data from the device, i.e.imu, but can not send any command to the target.

Could you suggest some further direction to debug this problem? Is it still possible the crazyflie firmware 2017.06 mismatch with crazy radio 0.53? Thank you!
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-08-13 20-49-04.png
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The crazyradio 0.53 should not be a problem. It is most likely the cfclient and cflib that is not the compatible versions.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Thinking about it, could you try with running the right version within the Bitcraze VM?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

We just had a discussion about this, and it might be a good idea to try out the bitcraze virtual machine, since there are problems reported with the latests versions of ubunut. You can find the instructions here: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/t ... #inst-comp