Disabling deck in firmware

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
asr
Beginner

Disabling deck in firmware

Post by asr »

I'm trying to disable the flow deck v2 in the firmware, instead of physically removing it from the Crazyflie (it doesn't seem to want to come off, and I don't want to accidentally break it), and was wondering what the best approach to doing this would be. What I did try was to simply comment out the code in flowdeck_v1v2.c and then re-compile and re-flash the code onto the CF. However, when looking at the console output in cfclient, I noticed the following:

Code: Select all

DECK_INFO: Warning! No deck driver found for deck.
DECK_CORE: 1 deck(s) found
Which makes me think that this is probably not the correct way to do things, since I'm assuming that if I had correctly disabled the deck in the firmware, then 0 decks would have been found instead of 1 deck being found. Any help would be appreciated.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Disabling deck in firmware

Post by kimberly »

The issue that what is happening now, is that the crazyflie is able to detect the deck attached but no driver is initiated (structure DeckDriver). I don't know exactly what you want to achieve, but if you would just comment out the content of test and init (but still keep the functions), you will not get this warning.

Let us know if this works out for you.