Crazyflie 2.0 spins on flight and looses connection to controller

Post here to get support
siyakunde
Beginner

Crazyflie 2.0 spins on flight and looses connection to controller

Post by siyakunde »

It's been mentioned under this thread "Crazyflie spins uncontrollably" (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=698&start=10):
"Crazyflie 2.0 : It is a problem with the sensor chip (MPU9250) soldering. After some random flight time it looses communication with this chip and it flips. Sent you a PM to solve this problem."

I am facing the same issue. The CF2 spins after takeoff, and after some random flight time, it flips. Additionally it keeps loosing its connection to the controller. This applies for both XBox360 working via Crazyradio PA and Android mobile app. The previous thread does not mention a solution. Please help.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie 2.0 spins on flight and looses connection to controller

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

The crazyflie2.1 has an different IMU than the 2.0. Has your Crazyflie been flashed with the latest firmware according to this guide: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/t ... yflie-2-x/ ? Also make sure that you put the crazyflie on a flatsurface when starting it up and that floor its on is not static (like for instance plastic artificial grass).

What you could do is open up the plotter tab (view>tabs>plotter) and look at the stabilizer plot, which shows the roll pitch and yaw. You could have that on while flying the crazyflie and see what happens when it crashes.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

By the way, I will move this forum thread to crazyflie support group
siyakunde
Beginner

Post by siyakunde »

I have flashed the latest firmware on the CF2. After reading some of the threads on forum I tried starting up from a flat non-static surface (as you asked), swapping new motors, changing props, checked prop installation for correctness, etc.

I'm not sure how I should look at the stabilizer plot when the second issue I mentioned persists. That is CF2 looses connection.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Yes that is indeed difficult to do. Does this only happen during flying or also when its just standing on the table? After it has flipped, do you see anything special happening with the LEDs? Are they still on, or does M1 LED blink fast 5 times?

After such a flip, could reconnect the crazyflie with a microusb cable to the cfclient (with USB//:0 ) and read the console input. If you can copy the output here in the forum thread.

Also by the way, is your crazyflie a 2.0 or 2.1? I know that you topic says it but just to be sure. It is written on the legs of the Crazyflie