[SOLVED] Retrieving RSSI value

Post here to get support
linrs
Beginner

[SOLVED] Retrieving RSSI value

Post by linrs »

Edit: Error has been solved, I just didn't flash properly according to the github issue listed in the script

Hi, when I updated the the crazyflie firmware according to the script instructions and tried running the script (https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-l ... io-test.py) on my crazyflies 2.1's I am getting values for the ack rate but none for RSSI (nan) while I am also receiving the following errors from python. I am operating on Ubuntu 20.04 with the most recent versions of cflib and the crazyflie firmware. This post is a follow up from viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4353&p=19872&hilit=signal#p19872.

Warning (from warnings module):
File "/home/atheros/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/core/fromnumeric.py", line 3372
return _methods._mean(a, axis=axis, dtype=dtype,
RuntimeWarning: Mean of empty slice.

File "/home/atheros/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/core/_methods.py", line 170
ret = ret.dtype.type(ret / rcount)
RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in double_scalars

File "/home/atheros/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/core/_methods.py", line 233
ret = _var(a, axis=axis, dtype=dtype, out=out, ddof=ddof,
RuntimeWarning: Degrees of freedom <= 0 for slice

File "/home/atheros/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/core/_methods.py", line 194
arrmean = um.true_divide(
RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in true_divide

File "/home/atheros/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/core/_methods.py", line 226
ret = ret.dtype.type(ret / rcount)
RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in double_scalars

I tried modifying the script to see what might be causing these issues but I'm not sure what is cuasing the RSSI value's to be nan, any suggestions? Also, if there are better methods of receiving the RSSI values from the crazyflies, feel free to let me know.

Thank you!
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Retrieving RSSI value

Post by kimberly »

Great you solved it and thanks for the update. Indeed there are instructions in the radio-test.py script that need to be followed.