[CLOSED] Lighthouse Estimation Inaccurate & Noisy

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
mouhyemen
Beginner

[CLOSED] Lighthouse Estimation Inaccurate & Noisy

Post by mouhyemen »

I used LH V1 earlier in February 2020 using 2019 CF release. It worked very reliably. This week I moved to the 2020 release.

I calibrated and flashed using the following wiki:
https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/r ... overview/

My state estimates post kalman filtering are very noisy. When I move my CF manually, the measurements are not reasonable either.
crazyflie_lighthouse_noisy.png
Notice how noisy the y measurements are when the drone is simply at the origin. All the HW were tested and worked reliably back in February. So I am not sure what could be causing these issues after moving to 2020 release.
Last edited by mouhyemen on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Lighthouse Estimation Inaccurate & Noisy

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

It seems that the state-estimate is switching quite a bit with each measurement, which can indicate that the geometry it calculated is a bit off. Have you tried getting the geometery again and hardcoding it in the crazyflie?

Could you also check in your console tab if you are receiving the calibration data from the basestations?

Probably you can still fly with these measurements but if you want to have a quick fix, you can also change the estimation method to crossing beams instead (param: lighthouse.method = 0)
mouhyemen
Beginner

Re: Lighthouse Estimation Inaccurate & Noisy

Post by mouhyemen »

It is working well now. I had the followed the wiki while using calibration data from the VIVE controller instead of using the calibration method computed on-board the drone. After using the drone to calibrate itself, I am getting very clean and accurate estimates.

I will close the topic.