Having issues with lighthouse in new FW

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
imranmomtaz

Having issues with lighthouse in new FW

Post by imranmomtaz »

Hello,
I have downloaded the new FW which has CCMRAM implemented.

I checked the state estimation and they are just showing very strange values. It was good in earlier release. Following is a screenshot:
Screenshot from 2020-05-22 16-31-32.png
I have reset the lighthouse_position_est with proper origin and rotation matrices and I marked 'centered around controller=True' in get_bs_position.py

Could you please have a look and let me know what I need to do here?
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: Having issues with lighthouse in new FW

Post by kristoffer »

Hm, that does not look right. I don't think this is related to the CCM changes though, as it works here. Have you tried to revert to the version before CCM changes?
I tested with Crazyflie + Lighthouse deck + 2 x V1 base stations, latest firmware source code and all is fine.

What kind of setup are you using?

One possible error source is the lighthouseBaseStationsGeometry in lighthouse_position_est.c.

There is a new tool for calculating base station geometry called get_bs_geometry.py, you could try that instead, see https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/r ... _overview/.

The positions of the base stations in the geometry data is easy to sanity check. The .origin part of the geometry data should describe where the base stations are in relation to the origin of the coordinate system. The default value

Code: Select all

.origin = {-1.958483,  0.542299,  3.152727, }
for instance, means that the base station is around 2 meters behind and 3 meters above the origin.
imranmomtaz

Re: Having issues with lighthouse in new FW

Post by imranmomtaz »

Thank you for your reply.

My setup: CF2.1, lighthouse deck, 2x base station V1, Vive controller

Yes, it was working in earlier version.

I downloaded the latest version today and now I see that it is working fine. Maybe there was some issue in earlier version. Following is the screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-05-25 10-29-16.png