Query regarding flow deck and lighthouse deck

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
imranmomtaz

Query regarding flow deck and lighthouse deck

Post by imranmomtaz »

Hello,

When I mount a flow deck v2 and/or lighthouse deck with the CF2.1, does the client automatically recognize this or I need to do any change in the config.mk file? Currently, I have following in the config.mk:

Code: Select all

CFLAGS += -DDISABLE_LIGHTHOUSE_DRIVER=0
I am specifically asking this question regarding the instruction given in https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-f ... imators.md

It says the following:
When the DeckDriver is initialized in the crazyflie-firmware, for these decks the variable .requiredEstimator is set to kalmanEstimator. This says that the firmware should not use the default complementary filter but the EKF instead.
Please let me know how I can initialize the DeckDriver so that I can make my CF2.1 understand the presence of flow deck v2 and/or lighthouse deck.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Query regarding flow deck and lighthouse deck

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

For the lighthouse deck, you need to indeed add that line that you indicated in the config.mk (this is due to the lighthousedeck being in early access). The flowdeck should automatically be detected. This can be checked in the console tab of the cflient if you are unsure.

With this all set, the deck driver is already initialized. This is not something that you have to do extra as this is all automatically handled in the code. The line that you quoted is just to make clear how the estimator are defined per deck driver, so that if you don't have any deck at all, the default estimator (complemetary filter) is automatically initialized and if you have the flowdeck/lighthouse/LPSdeck, the kalman filter is automatically initialized.
imranmomtaz

Re: Query regarding flow deck and lighthouse deck

Post by imranmomtaz »

Thank you. I understand now. :)