recent firmware upgrade (2 march 2020)

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
antonio73
Beginner

recent firmware upgrade (2 march 2020)

Post by antonio73 »

Hi all,
wanted to share that, after last week firmware upgrade (date was 2 march 2020, procedure performed via CF App on my iPad), I noticed the following:

- after rump-up, motor nr. 2 will occasionally shutdown (as an example when you try to take-off at a progressive motor rate..)
- after crashing, the CF will have to be shitched off and back on to be again controllable (though it shows as normally connected to the iPad).
That was the first firmware update since purchase.

None of the above mentioned problems where noticed with previuos version of firmware.
Tried to re-flash... now firmware is 2020.02.
Same problems still persist... it is like there is an acceleration problem setting a barrier to a new take-off after a hard landing. didnt notice that with previous (original) firmware.
Grateful if anyone could point me in a correct direction...
Thanks

A
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: recent firmware upgrade (2 march 2020)

Post by kristoffer »

- after rump-up, motor nr. 2 will occasionally shutdown (as an example when you try to take-off at a progressive motor rate..)
Not sure what this could be. As far as I know there should not be anything in the release that would do something special with motor 2. Are all connectors OK?
You could try to install the previous version and see if you still see the same problem.
- after crashing, the CF will have to be shitched off and back on to be again controllable (though it shows as normally connected to the iPad).
See https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware/pull/481 for more information. It makes sense for autonomous flight, but is maybe too limiting when flying with a mobile app? On the other hand it is probably a good idea to restart the Crazyflie after a crash to reset.
antonio73
Beginner

Post by antonio73 »

Thank you kristofer,

Yes, all connectors are ok. I can actually fly the CF. The behaviour I (badly) described won't impede flight provided you throthle up quite quickly... on the other and, if you try a more gradual take-off, the #2 motor will probably quit.. could be a sign of battery wear?

For the "crash reset", well, I understand the reasoning but... for a few minutes of indoor training it wasn't bad to be able to take-off again right away (provided the necessary conditions...). I will check the suggested thread and let you know.

Many thanks for now.

A
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

You might just need to check the connector of motor 2 anyway with a multimeter and see how it connectivity compare with the others in terms of resistance or even breakage. Unlikely that the battery is dead, since that should affect all motors.