takeoff and multiple CF flying problems

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
stikkx
Beginner

takeoff and multiple CF flying problems

Post by stikkx »

Hello everybody,

i have big problems with the stability of the drones and think i'm making a mistake using the test scripts. Because with the https://github.com/whoenig/crazyflie_ro ... emo/launch and https://github.com/whoenig/crazyflie_ro ... s/Hover.py the drones fly perfectly. But if I use test_high_level.py (same repo) or the completely different way over Crazyswarm it is rather a matter of luck if the drones don't crash immediately or during the flight. With several drones for example 4, sometimes only one of them makes it to the end. I let the drones fly only 1 meter high then 1 meter in direction x/y and back again. Can you give me a hint where I can start to look for the error? Is it possibly due to the Loco positioning system ? I only used that to determine the position, I didn't use an optical system. Short info about my system: I used 12 CF 2.1 and 8 Anchors with TDoA3. The area is 3.8 x 3.5 x 2.5 meters. Everthing is up to date (Firmware CF and Anchors and the scripts from github). If i go with one CF along the area the position looks good. And it also varies only by 5-10 cm which I don't think is a problem with the LPS system.

Thanks a lot !
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: takeoff and multiple CF flying problems

Post by kristoffer »

Hi!

Just to clarify, does it work with LPS + Crazyswarm?
stikkx
Beginner

Post by stikkx »

Hi kristoffer,

yes it did after some work on the PID Controller configuration. But how much CFs i can flight with ToDA2 or ToDA3 ?

I seems that over 5-6 CFs some of them getting unstable.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Could the turbulence caused by flying many at the same time be a problem, or does the problem seam to lie elsewhere?