Flying with LPS, Flow Deck and Lighthouse deck

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
stupid_moron
Beginner

Flying with LPS, Flow Deck and Lighthouse deck

Post by stupid_moron »

hi, i am wondering if i am able to fly crazy flie with 3x deck attatched to it. I understand pin asssignment changes are to be made. Such as the:

Flow deck:
Changing CS Pin from Io3 to Io4 via the firmware (src/deck/drivers/src/flowdeck_v1v2.c)

Loco deck:
Changing IRQ Pin to IO2 (via bridging solder pads)
Changing Reset pin to Io3 (via bridging solder pads)
Do i need to physically cut the trace connection between GS2/GS1 or??

Light House Deck:
No changes to be done.

I am not sure if my steps above are correct. and would appreciate if someone could confirm it as well.
I am concerned about the spi,i2c issues. Flow deck and light house both uses i2c and spi?

I understand that it is not reconmended to place 3 decks together, the loco node/ light house might not have that much accuracy or even receive the signal. But i'll try to figure it out with wire extensions or something. I'm more concerned that it will work with no issues for now
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Flying with LPS, Flow Deck and Lighthouse deck

Post by tobias »

In theory this should be possible to do but nothing we tried. The flight time will also be very limited but the crazyflie should take off.

As for your changes
Flow deck:
Changing CS Pin from Io3 to Io4 via the firmware (src/deck/drivers/src/flowdeck_v1v2.c)
You also need to do the electrical change so that the IO4 signal reaches the chip select. One way to do it is not to let the pin from CF connect to the flow deck connector and on the flow deck connect IO4 and IO3 together.
Loco deck:
Yes you need to cut the trace.
I am concerned about the spi,i2c issues. Flow deck and light house both uses i2c and spi?
Currently lighthouse only uses UART so again, in theory it should work. You will have to try to find out. ;)
stupid_moron
Beginner

Post by stupid_moron »

tobias wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:25 am
Flow deck:
You also need to do the electrical change so that the IO4 signal reaches the chip select. One way to do it is not to let the pin from CF connect to the flow deck connector and on the flow deck connect IO4 and IO3 together.
I already have a Flow deck v2 with Physically cut trace and wire jumper (soldered) to IO4 pin. The Flow deck was previosly used for a project with Big Quad setup. Thanks for the reminder! (:
tobias wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:25 am In theory this should be possible to do but nothing we tried. The flight time will also be very limited but the crazyflie should take off.
"Flight time will also be very limited" I suppose is due to the battery capacity?
tobias wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:25 am
Loco deck:
Yes you need to cut the trace.
May I know what is the purpose ofthe GS1 and GS2 solder pads??

Loco deck:
Currently lighthouse only uses UART so again, in theory it should work. You will have to try to find out. ;)
ALRIGHT! I will update here as soon as i receive my light house decks and tried them out! ^^
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

"Flight time will also be very limited" I suppose is due to the battery capacity?
Yes, so using a bigger battery is one way to counteract it but the max lift force will be the same so agility/stability will also be reduced because of the increased weight.
May I know what is the purpose ofthe GS1 and GS2 solder pads??
Those jumpers are there so that you can more easily move the IRQ and RST pin. After you have moved them and might want to move them back, you can solder GS1 and GS2 to restore the original configuration.