Flying Crazyflie to a specific position setpoint

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Flying Crazyflie to a specific position setpoint

Post by kimberly »

Alright, keep us up to date with the process.

About the gyro, if you want you can make an issue on the crazyflie-firmware github about this? We use the github-issues as a guide line to fix bugs and add new features, and this seems like something that can enhance the firmware.
nicuvlad94
Beginner

Post by nicuvlad94 »

kimberly wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 am Yes, if x, y, z is set to disabled and roll/pitch is set to modeAbs and yaw to modeVel, that is equivalent to attitude mode.
Are you sure this is enough? Because I am commanding a setpoint (with the same config you suggested) in a loop and the motors don't start at all. I would expect that motors start and drone tries to keep its roll/pitch. Should I modify something else in the setpoint?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Have you send a zero setpoint first ? So here in the ramp.py example, it says you need to send a zero setpoint first to unluck thrust protection (https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-l ... amp.py#L89).

Let us know if this works!
nicuvlad94
Beginner

Post by nicuvlad94 »

I will definitely do, but these days I am busy with acquiring some data (Crazyflie + Vicon). For that, I would need to log some data from the Crazyflie and I want to ask what is the difference between the acceleration in "stateEstimate" and the acceleration in the "sensorData". What is the benefit of having the acceleration in the state space, given that it is a measured parameter? Is the acceleration in the state space represented in the body frame of the drone or in the world frame?
Thank you!
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

Please start a new topic for this question since it is no longer about "Flying Crazyflie to a specific position setpoint"