lack of connection after firmware update

Post here to get support
curiousstudent
Beginner

lack of connection after firmware update

Post by curiousstudent »

Hi so on one of my drones (not the one from the previous question) I updated the firmware. But now when I start the drone and I try to connect to the client nothing is found when I scan for the drone.

What is the problem?

This drone blinks properly like the other drones. M2 and M3 are solid blue when M1 blinks red at a same pace as the working drones.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: lack of connection after firmware update

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

How did you update the firmware, through the client or through 'make cload' ?

Can you try to connect the non-connecting crazyflie with a microUSB to your computer and see if you are able to connect through that. Than you can find it in the list as USB0 or something. If you manage to do that, you can see through 'Connect' > 'Configure Crazyflie 2.x', to see if the Crazyflie still has the same address as you thought it had.

Give us an update once you do!
curiousstudent
Beginner

Post by curiousstudent »

First of all, Thank You very much for your response.

So, I did the update through the client.

So using your advice I was able to find the address. But once I put that into the python script I got this error:

Connecting to radio://0/75/2M
Connection to radio://0/75/2M failed: Too many packets lost
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/edwin/Desktop/file2.py", line 24, in <module>
with SyncCrazyflie(URI) as scf:
File "/home/edwin/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cflib/crazyflie/syncCrazyflie.py", line 67, in __enter__
self.open_link()
File "/home/edwin/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cflib/crazyflie/syncCrazyflie.py", line 64, in open_link
raise Exception(self._error_message)
Exception: Too many packets lost
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

The most common problem when the client does not detect the Crazyflie is that the address is wrong.

Some background: A connection to the Crazyflie is defined by both the channel and address. The client can figure out the channels that are used by Crazyflies when scanning, but only if they are on the same address, so to see your Crazyflie you must set the address in the client to the address of your Crazyflie.
To figure out the address of the Crazyflie, use the process outlined by Kimberly earlier. There is also some documentation at https://www.bitcraze.io/docs/crazyflie- ... de_client/

The error you see pretty much means that the client did not get an answer from the Crazyflie.
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

Moved this topic to the support forum