GITHUB downloading problem

Post here to get support
RyanMco
Expert

GITHUB downloading problem

Post by RyanMco »

Hi guys, I have updated my firmware with some code and it works fine on my drone , so I wanted to upload that updated code to my github as project, so I went to the document crazyflie-firmware and uploaded the project to my github, in order to verify that it works fine, I tried to download my firmware(my project) after uploading the project to my github, it downloaded fine, I tried to compile my downloaded firmware in order to flash it to my drone, it doesn't compile, it tells me dependency issue .. any help how can I upload my project to GITHUB and it will work fine if someone downloads my project and flash my fimrware(updated firmware) successfully? thanks alot.
RyanMco
Expert

Re: GITHUB downloading problem

Post by RyanMco »

what's the proper procedure to do in order to upload my crazyflie-firmware document into github and let it works fine if someone downloaded it on his PC? thanks alot!
I tried to use internet in order to upload my project(crazyflie-firmware) .. it uploaded fine in my github but once I download from my github the uploaded crazyflie-firmware .. it doesn't compile at all! there's a dependency issue error! .. any help?

maybe shouldn't I make get clone for downloading it? just do pull ?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

If your project has dependency issues on another computer than when you compiled it on first, it means probably that packages are missing that are necessary. This is difficult for us to determine since you have made your own changes.

What is the exact text that your compiler is saying it has a dependency issue? Have you tried to google that issue and see if it refers to a missing package?
RyanMco
Expert

Post by RyanMco »

I just changed in the files of c .. but the issue is something else .. : while compiling it shows me this

Code: Select all

CLEAN_VERSION
  CC    list.o
src/lib/FreeRTOS/list.c:238:1: fatal error: opening dependency file bin/dep/list.o.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
tools/make/targets.mk:26: recipe for target 'list.o' failed
make[1]: *** [list.o] Error 1
Makefile:336: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2

RyanMco
Expert

Post by RyanMco »

my problem that the document bin isn't uploading to my repository .. it's weird! that's why list.o isn't found
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

This error is odd, this dependency is supposed to be optional. The best is to clean up your tree and try to compile again:

Code: Select all

make clean
make mrproper