[SOLVED] PC Client unable to detect LPS

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
kimberly
Bitcraze

[SOLVED] Re: PC Client unable to detect LPS

Post by kimberly »

Alright thanks! Now I know for sure you are using the latest release and not the latest from the repository. It's important to know :)

This is indeed not good but for us unsure why it does freezes actually... it works fine on my windows so it is difficult to recreate your problem.

Could you try to install the very latest version of the client, making an executable by the instructions from here: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-clients-python ? There has been some fixes to the very latest version, which might have already solved your problem.

(btw, just letting you know that for the next two weeks, we will be a bit slow with answering the forum due to the holidays!)
youngbin1130

Re: PC Client unable to detect LPS

Post by youngbin1130 »

Hey Kimberly,

Thanks for your reply. It seems building from that link has stopped the random freezing of the program however, I still can't seem to see the LPS in the client. I have tried using two different nodes.

Cheers,
Youngbin
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Good the freezing stopped! But annoying that the LPS nodes are not detecting... Let's see if we can trouble shoot this.

1. Is the crazyflie connected with the LPS deck on correctly?
2. Which LEDs do you see blinking on the LPS deck? And are they blinking?
3. Are the LPS nodes powered?
4. Are the crazyflie with LPS deck and the LPS nodes in the same mode?

In general, you should be able to follow the steps in this tutorial: https://www.bitcraze.io/getting-started ... ng-system/. maybe just skip the step of installing the nodes in your environment until you can confirm connection.
youngbin1130

Post by youngbin1130 »

Hello!

Once again, thanks for your reply.

1. I'm sure it mounted properly (though I don't have any extension pins currently with me). Are the decks on the Deck supposed to light up as well when the Crazyflie is turned on?

2. The RX LED is constantly blinking.

3. My LPS Nodes are powered via USB.

Cheers,
Youngbin
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Yes the LEDs on the deck are absolutely supposed to turn on. The LPS nodes are detected through the crazyflie and if the LPS deck not on, the lps nodes can not be detected by the client since it is not detected by the crazyflie.

You mentioned that you do not have have extension pins with you. Do you mean the male pin headers? How were you able to mount hte LPS deck otherwise?
youngbin1130

Post by youngbin1130 »

Hey Kimberly,

Sorry, I had misunderstood the instructions regarding the installation of the expansion decks.

It seems to be working fine right now!

One quick question, I am currently experiencing consistent "Too Much Packet Lost" error. Is changing the radio channel the only way to go about fixing this?

Cheers!

Youngbin
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Happy to hear it works out!

Not sure about that but flashing the latest firmware on the crazyradio might help! If this still causes problems, please make a separate forum thread about this topic. This enables us to help you out better this way.