Discussions about all things Bitcraze
frederike
Beginner

Post by frederike »

Hello there,

I might be nitpicking, but I was going through the documentation of different extension desks available and was wondering what "bcESP" on the page:

https://www.bitcraze.io/docs/cf2_expansiondecks/

stands for. I spent quite some time trying to figure it out, but I can't seem to find anything with a similar name. I am happy to add an explanation on the webpage myself in a pull request, if only someone can point me to what it actually is :geek:

Thank you for helping me out!

Best,
Frederike
Last edited by frederike on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Website: bcESP undefined

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

This was an old prototype WiFi deck base on the esp8266, this deck has never been finished and produced.

The deck ID will most likely be re-used for a prototype deck using the esp32 we currently have in the drawers (it is not soldered yet so I have no idea when this one is coming).

Do you have an interest in an esp-based deck?
frederike
Beginner

Post by frederike »

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply! I am not so familiar with eps32, but if it implements the 802.11mc Fine-Time Ranging standard, which can be used to do round-trip-time measurements and thus localization, I would be quite interested.

It is not really urgent though, I am currently working on UWB-based localization.

Is there a reason the bcESP is still in the documentation, although not really explained? I wouldn't mind removing it in a pull request, if it would be of any help.

Best,
Frederike
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

We are still hopping to release an ESP deck so the documentation is useful to have a visibility of what serial port is used by the esp deck. Since we do not have a private list of deck, this list is the list we have when we look at pin allocation, we need to keep it in.

Though, if you feel it would make things more clear, it is possible to mark with a * or something similar unreleased deck and make it clear in the doc.