About TDoA2

Post by abrahamvee »

Do I need to do something to set up the drone in TDoA2 mode? Thanks,
Ab
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: About TDoA2

Post by arnaud »

All you should have to do to change the TDoA working mode is to follow this getting started guide: https://www.bitcraze.io/getting-started ... de-to-tdoa.
abrahamvee
Beginner

Post by abrahamvee »

I followed the instructions but nothing happens, not even the anchor indicators go to red. I do not know how to troubleshoot it, I also tried connecting via micro-USB where I can change it from TWR to TDoA using LPS tool but cannot upload new firmware, and when I go back to the client the anchors don't get detected.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

If you cannot upload new firmware this is most likely your problem: it is very important to keep firmware in sync since everything is communicating together (client <-> crazyflie <-> LPS nodes). Using the latest master xor the latest release for everything is required.

Have you installed the libusb (not winusb) driver using zadig for the LPS node bootloader? What error are you seeing when upgrading the nodes?
abrahamvee
Beginner

Post by abrahamvee »

Thanks a lot,
Yes, the problem was that I was missing the libusb, I had the winusb instead.
Abraham
abrahamvee
Beginner

Post by abrahamvee »

Is there anyway to upload firmware without the microusb connector?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Yes, the FTDI serial connector on the node is connected to the serial port used by the STM32 integrated bootloader. So if you start the STM32 in bootloader mode you will be able to flash it using an FTDI cable and either the official STM32 bootloader client on Windows or this one on Linux: https://sourceforge.net/p/stm32flash/wiki/Home/ (on Ubuntu you can apt-get install stm32flash).