Generate and upload trajectories in real time

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Oliver
Beginner

Generate and upload trajectories in real time

Post by Oliver »

Hello everyone,

I 'm working on a project that make the crazyflie track a complex trajectory. The waypoints of the trajectory changes randomly, and the position of the crazyflie and waypoints can be captured by the Optitrack, so to make the crazyflie track this changing trajectory, we need to generate and upload trajectory in real time. The way of generating trajectory is the same as the paper "Minimum Snap Trajectory Generation and Control for Quadrotors" by mellinger.
The problem is that I don't know how to re-upload several trajectories generated by computer during the crazyflie's flight.

I'm using optitrack and crazyswarm ros package, the controller I used is mellinger controller.

Does someone have some experience or information about ?

Thank you all!
whoenig
Expert

Re: Generate and upload trajectories in real time

Post by whoenig »

If you use the Crazyswarm or crazyflie_ros, you can evaluate your trajectory on the host PC and send an updated setpoint (pos, vel, acc, w, yaw) using the cmd_full_pose topic.
Oliver
Beginner

Post by Oliver »

whoenig wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:06 am If you use the Crazyswarm or crazyflie_ros, you can evaluate your trajectory on the host PC and send an updated setpoint (pos, vel, acc, w, yaw) using the cmd_full_pose topic.
Thanks for you answer, I will have a try.
r0b0tn1k

Post by r0b0tn1k »

How do you use CrazyFlie ROS?
Oliver
Beginner

Post by Oliver »

r0b0tn1k wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:23 pm How do you use CrazyFlie ROS?
crazyflie_ros is a ros package, the crazyflie_server subscriber some topics, you can publish relevant topics with data to control the crazyflie.