Anyone going to 36c3? & I'm new! Hi from Hamburg, Germany!

Wan't to discuss something that's relevant but has no forum, this is the place
kitz
Beginner

Anyone going to 36c3? & I'm new! Hi from Hamburg, Germany!

Post by kitz »

I just started playing with the Crazyflies (v2.1) and am currently still going through all the example code for the Lighthouse tracking system. I am mostly interested in trying to figure out how to get the Crazyflies to carry things and most of my current experimentation revolves around this.

By the way, is anyone from the bitcraze forum going to be at 36c3? I registered for an assembly called Chaos Air, and if approved will be building a netted area with two Lighthouse towers and five Crazyflies. Would be cool if you bring your Crazyflies with you to Congress because maybe we can pool them together as a big swarm and exchange ideas, etc.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Anyone going to 36c3? & I'm new! Hi from Hamburg, Germany!

Post by arnaud »

Hi and welcome!

I have been to the congress a couple of years ago and it was an awesome experience, unfortunately traveling to Leipzig between Christmas and new year has a little bit too high personal cost for me right now. I really hope to be able to visit the congress again one day though :).

The assembly sounds great! If you get approved, we (Bitcraze) could help with stickers and the demo setup. Do not hesitate to drop us a mail at contact _at_ bitcraze.io.
erickner93
Beginner

Post by erickner93 »

Unfortunately my talk about deep packet inspection wasn't accepted for 36c3. Well, I guess that means I'll have some quiet days at home instead... :D
kitz
Beginner

Post by kitz »

arnaud wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:22 am The assembly sounds great! If you get approved, we (Bitcraze) could help with stickers and the demo setup. Do not hesitate to drop us a mail at contact _at_ bitcraze.io.
Even if my Chaos Air assembly does not get approved, Stickers are always Good! As at most hacker events, there will be a sticker box. By the way, the last date to sign up for an assembly is November 24. So, I assume about 8 days from now, I will know.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by demo setup?
kitz
Beginner

Post by kitz »

erickner93 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:34 am Unfortunately, my talk about deep packet inspection wasn't accepted for 36c3. Well, I guess that means I'll have some quiet days at home instead... :D
You don't have to give a talk. You could just show up and play for 3 days. (Seems like Day 4 is mostly tear-down and good-byes.)

And there's still time to buy a ticket! The last presale will be:
  • 8. November 2019 12:00 CET
  • 10. November 2019 17:00 CET
  • 21. November 2019 21:00 CET
Copy-pasted from here: https://tickets.events.ccc.de/36c3/.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

By demo setup I mean the demo we have been running at fairs this year: https://www.bitcraze.io/events/imav2019/. It an autonomous demo in which Crazyflies are automatically taking-off, flying a trajectory and landing on charging pads. We are starting to have some experience with doing this kind of things so if you would like to organize a similar setup we can help with advice and you might be able to borrow some hardware as well.

For the stickers this is definitely something we can fix :).
kitz
Beginner

Post by kitz »

arnaud wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:46 pm By demo setup I mean the demo we have been running at fairs this year: https://www.bitcraze.io/events/imav2019/. It an autonomous demo in which Crazyflies are automatically taking-off, flying a trajectory and landing on charging pads. We are starting to have some experience with doing this kind of things so if you would like to organize a similar setup we can help with advice and you might be able to borrow some hardware as well.

For the stickers this is definitely something we can fix :).
Oh yeah, I saw that video when I was checking out your blog a couple of weeks ago and I loved the spiral flight paths! I have extra LiPos, but don't have charging pads, so I would not be able have infinite spirals of Crazyflies. But let me see how much time I have this weekend. Maybe I can have a look at the code and figure out how to remove the charging station / battery check part and get it working with what I have at the moment.

If I run into problems setting up the IMAV 2019 Demo, I'll open a new thread (unless one already exists, upon which I will append).
kitz
Beginner

Post by kitz »

Chaos Air has been approved. ;)
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Congratulation!
kitz
Beginner

Post by kitz »

I created a Twitter account called @c3drones and am tweeting progress pics of the drone cage, in case anyone here is curious how things are coming along.

https://twitter.com/C3Drones