Cannot fit three boards

Post here to get support
r0b0tn1k

Cannot fit three boards

Post by r0b0tn1k »

Hey guys!
I tried setting up the ranger deck, but it seems there's no space vertically?
I am looking at the setup guides, and I'm using the long pins, but there's just no room, the deck barely sticks on one side in the pins.
I'm using this setup: Image, but there's no room.

Photos:

Please help a brother out.
Lombazombie
Beginner

Re: Cannot fit three boards

Post by Lombazombie »

Hey r0b0tn1k,

Is there a deck on the bottom? It looks like its being stopped from going all the way up.

We actually ran into this issue as well since we had a custom deck that was a bit bigger. What we had to end up doing was removing that black part from the pins and individually pushing them through. I can probably post pictures later tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

If you mount the battery the other way around so the usb connector is not in the way?
r0b0tn1k

Post by r0b0tn1k »

Hi Lombazombie,

The bottom deck is an optiflow deck.

I had solved my problem like this:
I wanted to solder the two long connectors, but I am bad at it and threw two of them in the garbage.
So next I put the multiranger on a new set of long connectors, and 3d printed a box just a bit taller than the battery. I used it to basically guide the multiranger deck on the long connectors to the remainder of the decks. Then very slowly I soldered the two connectors together.
Even with that, its a bit crooked, but at least it works.
I suggest you guys find some pin-connector-thingie that you sell, so we dont have to resort to soldering.

Here's the end result.
Lombazombie wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:19 pm Hey r0b0tn1k,

Is there a deck on the bottom? It looks like its being stopped from going all the way up.

We actually ran into this issue as well since we had a custom deck that was a bit bigger. What we had to end up doing was removing that black part from the pins and individually pushing them through. I can probably post pictures later tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks.
r0b0tn1k

Post by r0b0tn1k »

Than the cable doesnt reach... :(
tobias wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:31 pm If you mount the battery the other way around so the usb connector is not in the way?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

If you want three boars the solution r0b0tn1k showed is pretty good. Else what if you do like this?
2boards.jpg