[SOLVED] Can't configure lps nodes after updating

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
eric4321
Beginner

[SOLVED] Can't configure lps nodes after updating

Post by eric4321 »

Hello,

I am trying to configure 8 LPS nodes with the LPS configuration following the "getting started with the loco positioning system" however, when connecting the node via usb to my computer, nothing happens and the "apply" button is grayed out. I've installed Zadig and installed libusb-win32 (v1.2.6.0) to all of them, and I have updated each node with lps-node-firmware-2018.10.dfu

Once the the update it complete, the node switches from DFU mode to its regular mode automatically without touching it. and I get this screen:
Capture.PNG
When I press reset, nothing happens. I've tried to switch computers and follow the same steps yet the outcome was the same.

Help would be greatly appreciated!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Can't configure lps nodes after updating

Post by arnaud »

You do not have to install the libusb driver for the node in Firmware mode, it is only needed for the bootloader mode. In firmware mode the node is seen as a USB serial port and is using the windows default driver.

One way to fix it is to launch zadig again when the node is in firmware mode (ie. plugged to the computer without pressing any button) and to install the "USB Serial (CDC)" driver for the node. This way, the apply button should be active.

If that was the problem, there is a problem with our documentation. What documentation did you follow and do you have any idea of what we could improve so that you would not have installed the zadig libusb driver for the node.
eric4321
Beginner

Re: Can't configure lps nodes after updating

Post by eric4321 »

Your solution worked!

I installed the "USB Serial (CDC)" driver for the node in firmware mode and it allowed me to configure it.

I followed the "Getting started with the Loco Positioning system" page, and to improve on it, I think that you should specify which drivers each mode should have ie. "Firmware mode should be set to USB Serial (CDC), and DFU mode should be libusb driver" This would clear up any confusion as the documentation does not state which driver the firmware mode should have. People may get the idea of installing the libusb driver on both modes.

Thanks again!