How to send external position from Qualisys to CF2?

Discussions related to positioning systems where the position is calculated outside the Crazyflie and sent to the device using radio, including MoCap systems
morsingher
Beginner

How to send external position from Qualisys to CF2?

Post by morsingher »

Hi everyone,

I'm working on autonomous trajectory tracking with the Crazyflie 2.0 and I have to use a Qualisys motion capture system for the localization. Also, I would like to use the Mellinger controller already implemented in the firmware, but as far as I know it requires external measurements of position.

Therefore, I'm wondering what is the recommended way to send MoCap data from Qualisys to the drone, through the Crazyradio. Is there some code already available? Can you give me some hints or example on how to make this work?

Thank you very much for your help,

Marco.
whoenig
Expert

Re: How to send external position from Qualisys to CF2?

Post by whoenig »

If you use ROS, you can take a look at the Crazyswarm, which supports Qualisys: https://crazyswarm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/.

The Mellinger controller does not require you to use a mocap. It works with the flow-deck, UWB, or lighthouse as well.
morsingher
Beginner

Re: How to send external position from Qualisys to CF2?

Post by morsingher »

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for the reply. The MoCap is the only tool that I have, therefore it's not really a choice for me. Up to now I managed to test hovering and waypoint following with the Crazyflie 2.0 and Qualisys thanks to the crazyflie_ros package. As far as I know, you are the maintainer of that package and the Crazyswarm project is built upon that as well. For a single Crazyflie, do you still recommend to make use of Crazyswarm or to go back to the original crazyflie_ros?

Thank you in advance,

Marco.