LOC Nide drivers

Post here to get support
tdubick
Beginner

LOC Nide drivers

Post by tdubick »

Folks,

I have spent many hours trying to update the LOC nodes. I am using Windows 10 and I am running the virtual machine. I turn off the virtual machine and I press the top button on the LOC. The board blinks blue. My device mange shows STM32 Bootloader ( sometimes I have to run zadig and replace STM32 Bootloader). I browse and select the firmware lps-node-firmware-2018.10.dfu. However, the update button remains greyed out.

If I just plug the LOC node into the computer, My Device manager shows Loco Positioning Node

However, I am unable to configure the node.

I tried this on my laptop running windows 10 and I am having no luck there as well. I have attached a document with screen shots.

Thanks in advance. Any help will be appreciated by me and my students
Attachments
LOC Updating and Connecting Issues (1).pdf
(169.87 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
tdubick
Beginner

LOC device drivers

Post by tdubick »

I meant to say LOC device drivers
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: LOC Nide drivers

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

In your screenshot, the loco node appears as a libusbk device, it should not. And the bootloader does not appear to be libusbK or libusb-32, which it should.

One way that should solve the problem is to connect the node while pressing the DFU button and then in zadig install the libusb32 or libusbK driver for it. It should then be recognized by the lps-tools.

When the node has restarted in firmware mode, in zadig, you can replace the libusbk driver by the usbser driver, or you can uninstall the usbk driver from the node. There should not be any specific driver needed for the node in firmware most, it is seen by Windows as a USB serial port.
tdubick
Beginner

Post by tdubick »

Let me begin by saying thanks for the help.

Good new - I was able to update the firmware once I replaced the WinUSB driver with libusb-win32 driver. The libusbK did not work. I did try that first.

Bad news - I was unable to configure the Loco Positioning node after udpating the firmware. I made sure and press reset. I replaced the libusb-win32 driver with WinUSB driver to try to configure the Loco Positioning Node.

If it matters, I can only hook up the drones using virtual machine. The windows client does not allow me to connect.
Thanks,
Tom
locoscreenshot2April1.PNG
locoscreenshot3April1.PNG
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

When resetting the node in firmware mode you should not have WinUSB: the node implements an USB serial port and the lps-tools is looking for this serial port to show up.

You can either re-install the serial port driver with zadig, it should be called "usbser". You can also just uninstall the driver from the device in the device manager and after disconnecting and reconnecting the node it should appear as a serial port.
tdubick
Beginner

Post by tdubick »

Hi,

I am sorry I don't understand. I was able to upload the firmware. I replace the driver with USBWin and it still did not work.
I tried the other drives with no luck.

Tom
tdubick
Beginner

Post by tdubick »

Here is a screen shot of the device manager and LPS tool. I have already updated the firmware.
LPSScreenshot1.PNG
tdubick
Beginner

Post by tdubick »

Ok,

I just tried a different computer and I was able to immediately able to use LPS to assign the nodes. The nodes are now appearing on the pc client. I hope to do more testing between classes and with my students.

Tom
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

It is odd that it did not work on the first computer since the node now appears correctly as a serial port. Happy you got it to work on another computer though.