Cannot initilize Client in Linux

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
zhanghaijason

Cannot initilize Client in Linux

Post by zhanghaijason »

Hello,
I followed the instructions to install the client in linux. But when trying to start it. It shows as :Image

I searched several questions on github. But still didn't work.
I installed the PySDL2-0.9.5 and it still shows no such support.
My cf-lib-python is new since I installed it yesterday and the linux system was updated just now. Does anyone knows how to fix it?
Thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-01-31 09-14-08.png
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Cannot initilize Client in Linux

Post by arnaud »

There seems to be a problem with the dependencies. Have you installed the client by typing "pip3 install -e ." from within the project folder? More generally could you describe the step you did to install the client?

What linux distribution and version are you using?
zhanghaijason

Post by zhanghaijason »

arnaud wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:57 pm There seems to be a problem with the dependencies. Have you installed the client by typing "pip3 install -e ." from within the project folder? More generally could you describe the step you did to install the client?

What linux distribution and version are you using?
I fork and clone the crazyflie-client-python to the computer. And followed the instructions on the readme file.
First installed the

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install python3 python3-pip python3-pyqt5 python3-pyqt5.qtsvg
Then in the source file, that is crazyflie-clients-python:

pip3 install -e .
Then

python3 bin/cfclient
in the same file. Then the pic I posted showed.

The linux version is :

NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="16.04.5 LTS (Xenial Xerus)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS"
VERSION_ID="16.04"
HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial

Thanks
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

I typed exactly the same commands in a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.5 VM and it works well without any error. This could come from a python package installed by another program.

It seems to come from numpy so one thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall nympy with "pip3 uninstall numpy" and "pip3 install numpy"
zhanghaijason

Post by zhanghaijason »

arnaud wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:20 am Hi,

I typed exactly the same commands in a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.5 VM and it works well without any error. This could come from a python package installed by another program.

It seems to come from numpy so one thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall nympy with "pip3 uninstall numpy" and "pip3 install numpy"
Thanks for your reply. I tied to uninstall numpy and reinstall. But it still reports the exact same error.
zhanghaijason

Post by zhanghaijason »

zhanghaijason wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:44 pm
arnaud wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:20 am Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tied to uninstall numpy and reinstall. But it still reports the exact same error.
Hi Arnaud,
I also have another question. In Crazyflie virtual machine. I updated the projects with both click the desktop or updata projects with the cmd line mentioned in the readme file. But when I started the client, the option of Hover mode with flow deck didn't appear. Does that mean linux or VM doesn't support flow deck?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Are you using the latest version of the VM (2018.12)? The previous version was running an old version of linux that could cause dependencies problems.

To answer your question: the latest VM is capable of running the latest commit of the client and supports the flow deck, so this should work fine. Make sure you are using the latest version of the VM.
zhanghaijason

Post by zhanghaijason »

arnaud wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:25 pm Are you using the latest version of the VM (2018.12)? The previous version was running an old version of linux that could cause dependencies problems.

To answer your question: the latest VM is capable of running the latest commit of the client and supports the flow deck, so this should work fine. Make sure you are using the latest version of the VM.
Actually the VM I use is pretty old. I will try a new version. Thanks.