info about scheduling in loco position system

Firmware/software/electronics
Marta
Beginner

info about scheduling in loco position system

Post by Marta »

Hi,
i'm a student and i'm working on the scheduling between the drone and the UWB anchors in the loco position system of bitcraze in my University. I want to compare my scheduling with the original one, but i don't know the timestamp of the original scheduling and also i'm not able to print it on consolle. I also would like to know the frequency of the comunication between the drone and the anchors. When i try to print the scheduling order i expected 012345012345... (because i use 6 anchors), instead i get 1251011... which appears to be random, i think that it depends on the sampling time that i sei in the client when i log that variable but i'm not sure. Do you know anything?

thanks,
Marta
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: info about scheduling in loco position system

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
In what mode are you running the LPS system? TWR and TDoA2 have fixed packet scheduling (012345670...), TDoA3 is completely random.

The best way to observe what is happening is to use an UWB sniffer, you can switch one of your node in sniffer mode by connecting a serial port terminal program to it and typing 's', the node will then print packet information. To make the sniffer faster so that it does not miss any packet you can use the binary mode with this script: https://github.com/bitcraze/lps-node-fi ... _binary.py.