LPS node cannot be updated

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
teihoshi
Beginner

LPS node cannot be updated

Post by teihoshi »

hello!
I'm now facing a problem about the LPS anchor.That is, when connected to my computer(windows 10),with usb driver correctly installed and the LPS configuration tool running, it turns out that the node can only be configured and the update button is disabled,just like this picture showes,
update button disabled.PNG
So I only have the node configured and it showes it's successfully applied.However,when I run the pc cfclient,though the cfclient is connected to the cf,and the LPS anchor is on,the anchors are all red ,shown as below
20180529173010_LI.jpg
According to the tutorial of LPS,I figure out it's someting wrong with the configuration.
1.PNG
But many times of configuration following the instruction of tutorial all end up in vain.And now I suspect whether it is something to do with the update step. Does anyone meet this problem before?I 'll thank you for your instructing!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: LPS node cannot be updated

Post by arnaud »

Are you pushing the DFU button when connecting the node to the computer?
teihoshi
Beginner

Post by teihoshi »

yes.I keep pressing the dfu button when connecting the anchor to computer,and the blue led is lit,but the update button is still grey.Many times of efforts are the same.
TIM20180530162723.jpg
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

This could happen if you have not installed USB driver for the bootloader. Can you try to install the libusb driver using Zadig after pressing the DFU button and connecting the node to the computer?
teihoshi
Beginner

Post by teihoshi »

Thanks for your advice, arnaud! But it doesn't work on that computer, either.The good news is when I try on another computer ,everything appears to be normal.So perhaps there is something wrong with my computer.Thank you very much for your time and patience!
AAtef92
Beginner

Post by AAtef92 »

use "sudo" before the instruction, I had the same problem and was solved this way
--> sudo python3 -m lpstools

Hope that works for you
aybarskizilay
Beginner

Post by aybarskizilay »

Hi,

I had same problem, when LPS was in TWR mode. I solved the issue when I changed it to TDoA.
I hope it will help