[SOLVED] Problem setting ID Loco nodes

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
toni
Beginner

[SOLVED] Problem setting ID Loco nodes

Post by toni »

Hello,

After flashing the 2018.10 firmware to all my nodes I set the ids for my RevD1 nodes from 0 to 7 their IDs using the GUI. All of them worked in TWR mode. However I just received my new nodes (Rev E) and after repeating the same procedure I'm not able to set the ids to 8, 9 with the GUI, same result with the terminal (but I was able to set a different number from 0 to 6).
Do you know why I can't set this 2 ids to my nodes?

Thanks for your help
Last edited by toni on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Problem setting ID Loco nodes

Post by arnaud »

Have you updated the firmware of the new nodes as well? There should be no functional differences between the HW revision (we just changed the USB connector to make it more robust on Rev.E) and your problem looks like what would happen if where running an old firmware on the Rev.E boards.
toni
Beginner

Post by toni »

I was using the new firmware with the anchors but this wasn't the cause. The reason it wasn't working was the limit of number of anchors in the firmware code. Without these changes I was able to set the ID in lpstools but I wasn't able to receive their logs in crazyflie client, because of the firmware not having the variables to store more anchors ranging. It was an issue not having the firmware with extra anchors not lps-tools not working. Files changed were:

/crazyflie-firmware/src/deck/drivers/interface/lpsTdoa2Tag.h
Line 14
old --> #define LOCODECK_NR_OF_TDOA2_ANCHORS 8
new --> #define LOCODECK_NR_OF_TDOA2_ANCHORS 10

/crazyflie-firmware/src/deck/drivers/interface/lpsTwrTag.h
Line 28
old --> #define LOCODECK_NR_OF_TWR_ANCHORS 8
new --> #define LOCODECK_NR_OF_TWR_ANCHORS 10

After I changed this two files and increasing the log variables and anchors adresses in lpsTwrTag.c and lpsTdoa2Tag.c

Thanks a lot for your help.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Yes this is right TDoA2 and TWR are not setup to accept more than 8 anchors. TWR can work with more than 8 but TDoA2 cannot: TDoA2 uses 8 TDMA timeslots to organize the anchor communication and it would require code change in the anchors to support more than 8 timeslots.

Thanks for updating an posting a solution!