Crazyflie2.0 with LED Ring Fly Unstable

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
chuhao
Beginner

Crazyflie2.0 with LED Ring Fly Unstable

Post by chuhao »

Hi

I was flying my crazyflie2.0 with cfclient, in manually control by xbox joy.

Without LED ring, It can fly in orientation mode correct. Later I add the LED ring, it can only takeoff to 30cm from ground, with the largest thrust I gave through joystick. And it becomes harder to control, keep drifting around.

A test video and cf image are https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing.

Is there any configuration or parameter change I need to do after add LED ring?

Thanks
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie2.0 with LED Ring Fly Unstable

Post by arnaud »

This does not look right, the LED ring adds mass and consume some power, but it is well within the acceptable envelope and the Crazyflie should continue to fly normally.

On your video, the battery was low (front right LED lit in red), have you tried charging the battery fully before your tests or testing with another battery?

You can also switch off the led ring LEDs in the client, this will remove the current consumption from the equation and allow you to test with only the added weight. If the battery is the one causing problems, it should help.
chuhao
Beginner

Post by chuhao »

Hi Arnaud

Sorry for late reply. I tested it with different batteries. But it flies unstable as well. I have three batteries which are all used for 12 months. I'm not sure is it because the battery quality.

Thanks
chuhao
Beginner

Post by chuhao »

Hi Arnaud

I finally got a new battery. It's been solved and now it can fly correct at attitude mode.

Thanks