LOCO deck - no light

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
aybarskizilay
Beginner

LOCO deck - no light

Post by aybarskizilay »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to fly with LOCO and flow deck together. They are both working pretty well individually.
I can read the position data etc. However, when I only install the loco deck on CF, I can see the blinking on Tx and Rx port on my deck. However, when I insert the flow deck under CF, I don't see any light on my loco deck.

I'm sure there isn't any connection problem since when I power on the CF, I can see some lights on my loco deck. I feel like flow deck is kind of blocking the loco deck.

Even that, I can run the Autonomous flight script; but I feel like it only uses flow deck, not a loco system.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem or any suggestion ?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: LOCO deck - no light

Post by arnaud »

Can you share the output of the console tab when you connect the Crazyflie with the client? The two decks are supposed to work together so it would be interesting to see if anything is printed on the console.

What mode are you running the LPS, TWR or TDoA2/3?
aybarskizilay
Beginner

Post by aybarskizilay »

Hi Arnaud,

I am using in TWR mode. I have attached the screenshot of client console.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Thanks for the confirmation! TDoA and flow works well so this seems to be a software bug, either with the way the SPI port is shared or because the TWR state machine gets stuck somewhere. We will test on our side and update the thread if we find anything, in the mean time you can try switching your system in TDoA mode, since you are using the flow the geometry of the system should not matter too much, TDoA should work pretty well.
aybarskizilay
Beginner

Post by aybarskizilay »

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for your reply.

I will then switch to TDoA.

Best Regards
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

An update: there is a ticker tracking this issue on github: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-f ... issues/368. We will try to fix it there.