Crazyflie 2.0 - Power Button Fell Off - Two Blue Lights Stuck on (M3 and M2)

Post here to get support
Lombazombie
Beginner

Crazyflie 2.0 - Power Button Fell Off - Two Blue Lights Stuck on (M3 and M2)

Post by Lombazombie »

Hey everyone,

So the power button fell off, and removed one of the pads with it (the on near the ON). Whenever I plug in the battery, it doesn't boot anymore. The two lights near the battery stay blue (M3 and M2).

I can't connect at all either.

Any help would be great.
PO1
Beginner

Re: Crazyflie 2.0 - Power Button Fell Off - Two Blue Lights Stuck on (M3 and M2)

Post by PO1 »

Hi,

Not sure about the pads, but if your careful, you can use the nib of a Biro pen to press down on the area where the button was, this should turn the Crazyflie on and if you hold the nib down for three seconds it should go into boot loader mode.
Lombazombie
Beginner

Re: Crazyflie 2.0 - Power Button Fell Off - Two Blue Lights Stuck on (M3 and M2)

Post by Lombazombie »

So basically I tried touching the pads together with a jumper cable but it stays stuck on blue. And since one of the pads broke, there is no connect for it. I believe it was the ground pad that broke. So when I try connecting the pad that connects over to the chip to ground, it doesn't restart and just stays stuck. I can provide pictures if that helps.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It sounds like the ground pad as you say. The question is why it doesn't boot correctly, even if the button was shorted this is not the normal behavior.

As the signal pad is still intact it should be possible to try and activate bootloader mode by shorting it to GND. Have you tired this and what is the behavior? The two blue led on is often a badly flashed/broken FW (STM32 can't boot correctly).
Lombazombie
Beginner

Post by Lombazombie »

Hello tobias, thank you for the help.

I tired shorting the side that the pad wasn't removed to GND, and the lights simply stay solid.

I am starting to believe that might be the case. Do you have any suggestions on the next step? I am curious why the flash would be broken, since we haven't flashed it since the button fell off.
theseankelly
Expert

Post by theseankelly »

Hey Tobias -- hopefully this isn't a red herring, but this sounds similar to the board I sent you a while back. The power button got ripped off in a crash and then I wasn't able to communicate with the STM or boot it into recovery (by shorting BOOT0) any more..
http://www.thejumperwire.com
Tips, tutorials, and science about DIY electronics, drones, and embedded software.
Lombazombie
Beginner

Post by Lombazombie »

Hey, sorry about this. Do you guys think I should re-solder the chip with a new one or reach out to the hardware support?

Thanks!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It might be tricky but try to enter bootloader mode from a none-powered state. Might be a two person job.
1. Disconnect battery.
2. Short the button pads
3. Connect power, battery or USB.
4. Release button pads after 3 sec.