crazyradio disconnect over 1 meter away

Discussions and questions about the Crazyradio
Yan23
Beginner

crazyradio disconnect over 1 meter away

Post by Yan23 »

Dear all,
After installing all the new firmware for the crazyflie (cf) and crazyradio I was surprised to see that the crazyradio can not maintain a stable connection with the cf. the signal seems to decrease drastically just when the cf is over 1 meter.
I would appreciate your help on this. I spend a considerable amount of time today trying to fix this but didn't succeed.
Thank you.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: crazyradio disconnect over 1 meter away

Post by arnaud »

Did that happen just after the update or was it the behavior before as well?

What version have you updated to and what is the configuration of your Crazyflie (ie. are you using any deck and what channel/datarate are you using)?
Yan23
Beginner

Post by Yan23 »

Dear Arnaud,
Thank you for your reply. I actually made sure to update everything before starting the crazyflie. I did not run it before.
- I used this firmware to flash the crazyflie: cf2-2018.01.1.bin
- For the crazyradio I flashed it with the latest release I got from GitHub ( https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyradio-firmware.git )
- I noticed that when I put the Crazyflie just one meter behind me, it becomes invisible to the crazyradio. (I don't see radio://0/80/250K on cfclient). The cf has to be really close to my laptop to be detected.
- The cfclient shows the following for the channel/datarate: radio://0/80/250K
- I just noticed that when I place the cf really close and increase the throttle the radio signal decreases proportionally.
- With the IOS app installed the bluetooth connection is stable from any place I run the cf, however one motor is off when using throttle. I did not notice that with the ps4 wireless controller when the cf is very close to the crazyradio.
This is the error I get when a disconnection occurs
This is the error I get when a disconnection occurs
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Try to change the channel en rate to e.g. channel 90 and 2Mbit datarate.
Yan23
Beginner

Post by Yan23 »

Thanks Tobias for the suggestion. I have tried multiple configurations of channels and data rate and I have the same error message when sitting on my desk and just waiving the cf around me.
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 6.55.01 PM.png
-I feel the problem is with the crazyradio but I don't know what other things I can check? any idea? is it possible that the crazyradio is defectuous? is there any other way to test the crazyradio.