Loco Positioning System Setup

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
aeladl
Beginner

Loco Positioning System Setup

Post by aeladl »

Hi,

I have set up the loco positioning system exactly as described on the website but when I enter the positions of the nodes in the client and hit "write to nodes" nothing happens no matter how many times I retry or restart. 2 nodes are depicted correctly on the maps below but the others are just stacked at (0,0). When I look at the nodes the one led is blue, the other yellow, and the ranging led is usually red but it turns off when I tilt it in the right way. Hope you can let me know what the problem is as I have to get this working in a day or two at most. Sorry that I don't have detailed info as I do not have the stuff with me right now. Thanks.

-Alex
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Loco Positioning System Setup

Post by arnaud »

Hi Alex,

I have a couple of questions to understand a bit more the problem:

- How many nodes are you using?
- Have you setup 6 nodes with ID from 0 to 5?
- Do you see all anchor ranging status GREEN in the lps tab?
- What is the color of the anchor position fields?
aeladl
Beginner

Post by aeladl »

Hi Arnaud,

1) I am using 6 nodes.
2) The firmware of them as well as the drone is up to date and they are indexed 0-5.
3) The anchor ranging status does not appear in the lps tab as show in the tutorial. Those boxes are just not there.
4) The anchor position fields stay white no matter what I do. They never turn red or green.

Thanks,
Alex
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi Alex,

For 3) it means that you have an old client, this is the first things to solve. If you got the client from source it could be that you are on the 'develop' branch and not on the master branch. You can solve that by changing branch and pulling the latest version:

Code: Select all

git checkout master
git pull
If you are using a binary version, you should download the latest one.

/Arnaud
aeladl
Beginner

Post by aeladl »

Thank you very much Arnaud. However this still does not solve the problem that nodes 0 and 1 are always green in the ranging in client even when they are off and 2, 3, 4, and 5 are always red even when in range.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Could you double check the ID in the nodes? You can do that either by reprogramming the ID with the GUI or by opening the node serial port in a terminal, the current node ID will be displayed. If 0 and 1 are green even if they are OFF, it is likely that other nodes are setup to ID 0 and 1.
Just to check: are you using the latest version of the crazyflie firmware as well?
aeladl
Beginner

Post by aeladl »

I will try this tomorrow but there did not seem to be certain nodes that caused this. I will reflash and reconfigure everything and let you know how it goes.
teihoshi
Beginner

Post by teihoshi »

arnaud wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 am Hi Alex,

I have a couple of questions to understand a bit more the problem:

- How many nodes are you using?
- Have you setup 6 nodes with ID from 0 to 5?
- Do you see all anchor ranging status GREEN in the lps tab?
- What is the color of the anchor position fields?
hi, arnaud,
I meet with a similar problem to Alex's.
1) I am using 6 nodes.
2) The firmware of them as well as the drone is up to date and they are indexed 0-5.The cfclient is the latest.
3) All the six anchors,from 0 to 5, in the crazyflie status tab, are green.
4) But the anchor position fields stay white no matter what I do. They never turn red or green.
It turns out like this
TIM20180601151951.png
Hope you can give me some suggestions,thanks!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Thanks for the detailed description :).
Have you tried to program the anchor position anyway with the write button? If there is no anchor position at all in the anchor it is possible that the fields stays white.
Andy
Beginner

Post by Andy »

Hi Arnaud,

I have a very similar problem to teihoshi, the anchor position fields stay white no matter what I do and the anchors do not show in the graphic.

Depending on which Crazyflie I use, I can sometimes also not connect to all anchors. Do you know how I can fix these issues?

Regards, Andy
Screenshot from 2019-04-30 15-17-44.png