Issue Connecting 2 Crazyflies with 2 Crazyradios

Discussions and questions about the Crazyradio
MJ0616
Beginner

Issue Connecting 2 Crazyflies with 2 Crazyradios

Post by MJ0616 »

I am trying to connect 2 crazyflies using 2 crazyradios. I read over other posts and to my understanding they need to be on different channels. I am using the crazyflie client to connect them. I started off my plugging in the first crazyradio and connecting the first crazyflie. Then under the "connect" tab, I clicked on "Configure 2.0" and changed the radio channel and radio bandwith. I then turned off and turned back on the first crazyflie to test if the new channel was created, and it was. There is only one set of connect/scan buttons on the program, so I disconnected the first crazyflie, then plugged in the 2nd crazyradio and turned on the 2nd crazyflie. I then set the new channel for the 2nd crazyflie.

I'm confused as to how I connect to 2 crazyflies If the crazyflie client only allows me to connect and scan for 1 at a time.

I am very new to the crazyflie and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Issue Connecting 2 Crazyflies with 2 Crazyradios

Post by arnaud »

The Crazyflie client can only connect one Crazyflie. While in theory you could use 2 radio with 2 Crazyflie clients, the client is hardcoded to use the first Crazyradio found in the system which means that 2 Crazyflie client running at the same time will try to use the same radio, and it will not work.

It should be possible to modify the client to open the first free Crazyradio instead of the first Crazyradio. If you know a bit of python and are interested in looking at that I would be glad to guide you and to merge the pull request :-).

The 'standard' way of connecting multiple Crazyflie from a single computer is to do it using the lib. With the lib you can use a single of multiple radio to connect multiple Crazyflies.
MJ0616
Beginner

Post by MJ0616 »

I don't know any python but I plan on learning soon. For the standard way, how do I access/use the lib? I have been looking more into other posts and it seems that is what others are using, but I'm still confused on to exactly how to get started with it.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

There is an example folder in the lib source code that gives examples on how to do various tasks: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-l ... r/examples

You need Python (preferably 3) and the lib install in order to develop. The stem bundle getting started documents how to install that on Windows and Linux: https://www.bitcraze.io/getting-started ... ne-bundle/
MJ0616
Beginner

Post by MJ0616 »

Thank you! Just tested it and it works